-Chapter 1-

Nagisa's POV:
As soon as we arrived back at Nagito's place, Masaru plopped himself down on the couch and Nagito carried Kotoko to what I assumed to be her bedroom.

As soon as Nagito walked back downstairs, he looked to me and smiled.

"Nagisa, I'm aware you and Jataro have a... thing, but I hope it's okay if you sleep in the same room as Kotoko and Masaru? We just dont have the space right now, and... you understand, right?" He asks.

I looked down at the floor, bummed. Not that I would've, y'know... tried anything with him, we're only kids. I just wish I could have more wholesome alone time with him.

I look back at Nagito and smile softly, relaxing my face.

"Yeah sure, that's fine with me. As long as Jataro is comfortable." Jataro looks at me and giggles. I grab his hand and he blushes like crazy.

...cute.

Masaru pulls out his phone and takes a picture of us. I glare at him and he just laughs his ass off.

Jataro smiles and pulls me upstairs, where there is a piano and a couple chairs.

Fitting.

Jataro rushes to sit down at the piano. Once he makes himself comfortable, he motions for me to sit down in the seat next to him. I quietly take a seat and he turns to face me.

"While you were in the hospital... I-I learned to play a bit of piano! Nagito's friend, Miss Akamatsu, came over and taught me a lot of things... and... She helped me write you a song!" He blushes furiously and looks to the side.

I laugh and place my hand over his, reassuring him.

"That's amazing, Jataro! Can I hear it?" He smiles awkwardly and places his fingers over the keys on the piano gracefully.

"S-Sure, Nagisa..." he took a deep breath in and I listened quickly. Jataro began playing a few notes that sounded sweet and they were full of feeling. But suddenly...

"Everyday... I imagine a future where I can be with you...!" He started singing... (Doki Doki fans, you already know ;))

My eyes widened, and Jataro kept playing the melodious notes in a perfect way.

"In my hand... is a pen that will write a poem of me and you..." I smiled and tilted my head, letting him sing.

"The ink flows down into a dark puddle.
Just move your hand, write the way into his heart!
But in this world of infinite choices...
What will it take just to find that special day...?
What will it take just to find that special day?

Have I found everybody a fun assignment to do today?
When you're here, everything that we do is fun for them anyway...
When I can't even read my own feelings...
What good are words when a smile says it all...?
And if this world won't write me an ending...
What will it take just for me to have it all?

Does my pen only write bitter words for those who are dear to me...?
Is it love if I take you, or is it love if I set you free?
The ink flows down into a dark puddle...
How can I write love into reality?

If I can't hear the sound of your heartbeat...
What do you call love in your reality?
And in your reality, if I don't know how to love you...
I'll leave you be...!"

A few more notes of peace and melody and then Jataro stopped. I started clapping and I hugged him tightly.

"That was AMAZING Jataro! I had no idea you were that capable... I mean- I... I'm- I'm speechless! You're awesome! I love you!" Jataro blushes and hugs me back.

"Thank you, Nagisa..."

||Welcomed to the new book! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Expect more in March!♡
                               ~Author||

_________________
Word Count: 644
_________________

Song by: Dan Salvato (go check out Doki Doki Literature Club!)