-Chapter 4-

Jataro's POV:

Nagisa said he was going downstairs to get a glass of water since he hadn't exactly had the best food at the hospital... I understand of course!

It just gets kind of boring sitting alone... when it's cold. Nagisa isn't a fragile person, he can handle being aggressively cuddled for a little bit!

Suddenly, my phone dings loudly and I see that I have 2 new messages from Masaru. What does he want? I thought his initial plan was to sleep all day... or something...? I dunno.

I picked up my phone and scrolled through a couple things before finally checking my messages.

MASARU👹🏈: Hey, Ko's talking with Nagisa right now- everything good?

Jataro😼: Hah? Wdym

MASARU👹🏈: Idk they're just talking abt random shit

Jataro😼: Watch ur mouth :(

MASARU👹🏈: Sowwy bestay 😍 anywho, srsly, has Nagisa been acting strange lately or what?

Jataro😼: I haven't recognized anything particularly out of the ordinary, no :/

MASARU👹🏈: Fancy word choice

Jataro😼: Miss Akamatsu taught me 😊

MASARU👹🏈: Imma ask Kotoko what they talked abt after Nagisa leaves or whatevs.

Jataro😼: Oki doki

MASARU👹🏈: alrighty ttyl bestay 😍

Jataro😼: ttyl 😍😍

I put my phone down and start to wonder about what Masaru said... is something wrong with Nagisa? Why is Kotoko talking to him... what's going on? Am I assuming the worst? Hopefully we don't have to go through something horrible again...

I bury my face in a pillow for a couple minutes and ponder once again. I really am a worry-worm huh?

Nagisa's POV:

While I was filling a glass of water, Kotoko rushes over to me and pulls me into the hallway.

"Woah, woah, what're you doing?" I asked as I freed myself from her surprisingly monster-like grip. She frowned at me.

"I need to tell you something..." she whispered. I giggled slightly and looked away, trying to play cool.

"Sorry chick, I already have a boyfriend, thank you very much!" I smirk and laugh again, but then I look back at Kotoko and she doesn't look all that happy..

"I'm being serious Shingetsu." She furrow her eyebrows and rubs away her tears. I stand up straight, brushing the smirk off of my face and listening.

"You're right, I-I'm sorry. I'm all ears now, what's up?" I place my hand on her shoulder and she takes a deep breath in.

"Well... Nagito and I talked about it already but... you need to be more careful with your body now... you could potentially fracture something and die and... I-I just don't want to think about it but... those are the possibilities and none of them are good. So please, no matter what I ask if you, Masaru asks of you, Nagito asks, even Jataro... just.. just don't, okay? Take it easy."

I was speechless. To be honest, I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that. Jataro was telling me about all the fun plans he had with me too... I just... feel so bad.

I can't even please him the way I want to... everything just gets in my way. Why can't I just have anything good?! I finally escape that horrid place and... Monaca, but now things are only going downhill...

I hate it here.

Kotoko grabs my hand and assures me silently. I wasn't sure why but then I realized a tear had fallen from my eye and was slowly rolling down my cheek.

"O-Oh... sorry..." I frown and look away. Kotoko just beckons me to look at her.

"It isn't all that bad, and I trust you to do what's right for all of us, especially you. This is life or death. You choose a path." She looks up at me.

I sigh and smile slightly.

"You're right... it's nothing I can't handle I guess... I'll be sure to let Jataro know about the bad news. I'm sure he'll understand... he loves me after all!" Kotoko smiles and nudges me a little bit.

"How much you wanna get Masaru's gonna ask me what's up after we get back out there?" She smirks.

"A hug and 3 twix bars." She lifts her hand.

"Deal." We both smirk at each other and walk towards the living room.

||Ah I'm sorry this took so long!! I'll try to update more
                               ~Author||

Word Count: 717
Chapter art 1 by: Lilenee0
Chapter art 2 by: Annoniimousee