𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋

────── ★★★ ──────

A loud pounding on the door met Everly's ears before her eyes slowly opened to be greeted by a beam of light peeking through the curtain. She stayed under the warmth of covers for a moment longer while silently wishing that whoever was at the door would leave. Just as she thought her prayers were answered, the banging greeted her once again. A long sigh passed over her lips as the blonde woman threw her blankets off before putting on a jacket over her pajamas. Everly walked through the small hall within her apartment in silence before finally arriving at the front door and opening it to reveal one of the last people she was expecting to see.

"Jullian. Uh, hey. Hi," Everly greeted her partner while trying to hold back a yawn, "what brings you here at six-thirty in the morning on my day off?"

"I have some questions that can't wait and Mr. Mills didn't help solve them whatsoever," the blue-eyed man responded before holding out a cup to the woman in front of him, "would you like some coffee?"

"Thank you, but I don't drink coffee," the blonde said while stepping aside to allow the Wish Realm version of the man who raised her into her apartment.

Once Hook walked past her and into the living room, Everly carefully closed the door in an attempt to not wake up Cassie and Roland, who somehow slept through all the pounding on the door. She rubbed her hands over her face to wake herself up a bit more as she walked toward the raven-haired man before they both sat down on the couch. As soon as she settled on the sofa, Everly's eyes wandered down to the object in her partner's hand. Her attention stayed glued to the book before she furrowed her eyebrows and looked back up at the man. "Did you wanna start a book club or something?"

"No, it's not that. I read this book, and there's something in there that I can't get out of my head. I heard you talking about it with a couple of kids at the diner once so I thought you might be able to help me out," the man told the younger woman before flipping the book open to the bookmarked page and turning it to show the picture to her, "do you know who this woman is?"

Everly just stared at the illustration of Emma that took up a whole page in Henry's book for a long, silent moment before clearing her throat and opening her mouth to speak. "She's just a storybook character."

"I understand that. Um...I feel like, I've met her before," he responded, causing the blonde woman to tense as she watched Hook with a blank expression on her face in an attempt to hide all the emotion that was building up inside of her while she continued to listen to him speak, "do you know if he based her on someone? Somebody real?"