𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍

────── ★★★ ──────

A smile was plastered onto Roland's face as she stared down at Cassie, who was talking to her baby siblings in her parents' arms. The Hood boy had grown close to Cassie since the day she was born. He was always near her and would make sure she was out of harm's way during their many adventures. But when he heard that Everly and Felix were expecting twins, Roland didn't know how to feel. He was happy for them and couldn't wait for the new additions to their family. On the other hand, he was terrified that he would lose Cassie.

But those worries instantly vanished when the Thorne girl still chose to remain by Roland's side and always brought him with her to see Fletcher and Dawn. It was then that he realized the bond they created was unbreakable, giving him a sense of comfort.

Cassie soon looked up at Roland with the biggest smile on her face, which the boy gladly returned. When she turned her attention back to her younger siblings, the Hood boy looked over at Robin...or where she should've been. Confusion flowed through his veins as he looked around for his sister, only to find her disappearing into the forest. Roland hesitated for a moment before telling Everly and Felix where he was going and following after her.

It wasn't long before he found Robin hiding behind a bush, staring at something that Roland couldn't see. A small smile formed on his face as he snuck up behind her before stopping a few feet away.

"What are you looking at?" The sound of Roland's voice made the Hood girl jump before she turned around to face him. The smirk on the eldest Hood sibling's face grew as his sister continued to glare at him. Without saying a word, Robin turned her back to her brother and focused on whatever was in front of her. The confusion within Roland returned as he moved forward to see what the Hood girl was looking at, only to find a blonde girl standing on the other side of the clearing. "Who's that?"

"That's what I'm gonna find out," Robin responded as she loaded her bow and walked out into the clearing before Roland could stop her.

The Hood boy had to fight the urge to scream in frustration at his sister's rashness. After watching her walk closer to the stranger, Roland loaded his own bow and followed her. But it was just the brunette boy's luck that he would step on a twig. The sound caused the stranger to spin around before coming face-to-face with Robin's arrow.

"Don't move, spy," Robin hissed while pulling back further on her bowstring.

The unknown girl just stared at the Hood siblings for a moment before dashing off into the forest. Robin let out a sigh as she glanced back at Roland, who was staring back at her with annoyance in his eyes. It wasn't long after that when they put their arrows back in their quivers and sprinted after the stranger.