Chapter 35

Flamme's POV

I woke up to his soft snoring. He's been shifting all night and he finally fell asleep.

He wrapped his long arm around me and started mumbling things.

"Hmm shndja dna."

"What?" I whispered.

He sighed. "Rose?" He whispered back. His eyes still laid gently shut.

He snuggled closer into me. "Rose, I love you."

I chuckled. "I love you too."

"It's all going to be okay." He continued to whisper.

For the past few nights this boy has been talking in his sleep. The other night he told me he was going to marry me.

He's so fucking corny even in his sleep.

Ever since I almost left the country... again, he hasn't let me out of his sight. He's been staying at my condo and cooking us dinner every night.

I was surprised to see he could actually cook. But he's been whipping something up every night.

"You did not cook this!" I said swallowing the flavored chicken and Alfredo pasta.

"Yeah I did Rose. You literally just watched me do it!"

"Nah... you had to have ordered this from somewhere." I glared at him. "Where's the box?"

He laughed. "Rose. Have some faith in me."

"Dude this is really good." I said taking another bite.

"Did you just call me "dude!" He said sitting down at the table, right next to me.

"Uhh..." I started holding the fork to my mouth.

"Nooo.... I said baaabyy? Eww Nevermind. What's wrong with dude?!" I whined.

"Rose you can't call me that. Do I look like one of the bros to you?"

"Nah....Kuwonu..?

"Even Kuwonu would've worked. But dude?!" He shook his head.

I laughed.

"Aight.. I dap up all my women anyway." He said putting his hand out.

We dapped it up and he shook his head walking to the refrigerator.

"Shut up! I love you!" I thought about how weird it was to say that aloud so freely. It's been 0nly a few yEars!

"Can't take it back Rose."

"You're being dramatic." I continued to laugh.

He continued to shake his head.

"Nah it's all good dude. Don't worry about it my guy. Call me Z for all I care. Shit, Zion. Even better. " He took a sip of his coffee.

"Oh my gosh, stop it." I couldn't stop laughing.

"Seriously though. Don't worry about it, my nigga. But ima go on and head out....well ima head to the room and ignore your ass for a few hours. See ya dude." He said closing the door behind him.

I was rolling. "Idiot! How do you feel about that?! I'm just going to start calling you that!" I yelled to the room.

"You already do!" I heard him yell back.

I was on the floor.

I've only recently realized how cuddly Kuwonu is. I also come to realize that I'm just as cuddly.

I didn't know what it was. It just felt nice to be all snug next to him.

But lately that's all we've been doing. And lately I've been thinking of what's next.

I mean since I'm not going back to Italy, I currently don't have a job.

But I've always wanted to start something big under my name. It's been awhile since I've been inspired but Kuwonu said something the other day that sparked an idea.

"You can't do something if you don't do it."

"You thought you really did something, didn't you?"

He nodded back at me.

I called him stupid but for some reason that gave me the weirdest idea.

I've always loved fashion. I've always liked the art of a camera. And when I was little, I've always wanted to host a fashion show, to start a line.

So I thought I could film and create a line all in one. I didn't have all the details but.. you know when you're so passionate about something, that in one moment you want to make it all happen? That's where I was.

In a weird way Kuwonu was my inspiration. He wasn't going to be the only iconic parent our future, sexy babies will be having. But that wasn't even it. He seemed to want my dreams for me, sometimes even more than I did.

He gets just as passionate and we both jump around like idiots.

I told him I wasn't going to change my last name.

He told me, "oh so you think ima marry you now?! Nah, DUDE. I don't marry my bros."

"Oh my gosh. You still mad about that?" I playfully rolled my eyes.

Things seemed to be moving so fast but steady at the same time between us.

I've had this weird feeling of home with him.

A feeling I've never felt at my dad's, and definitely not at my mom's.

When he's not busy with work, he's over at my condo. I secretly like to imagine that we were living together...playing house...

Damn this boy has change me so fucking much!

I keep having the same dream over and over where he's down on one knee and holding a ring before me. I say no everytime. And I wake up pissed every time.

But I hope this boy isn't planning anything sneaky. Because I don't know if we're even ready for that. Maybe that's why I keep saying no.

So once again I woke up to his soft snoring. I rolled over and laid my head on his chest.

Shit, I don't know what the future brings.... but I'm fucking optimistic about it.

I smiled in his chest.