07 | Punish and Protect

***TW***

  Reason dictates that a bird in a cage with the door wide open would take the opportunity to fly away.  Reason also toes the line between what exists within the realm of possibility and sanity.  Free of the handcuffs and the confines of the disgustingly cold room downstairs, a nagging voice in the back of my head echoes a plea to run and never stop.  My natural instincts for self-preservation are at odds with each other; on one hand I know that all those other girls were killed after three days while on the other, I have absolutely no idea where I am or how I would even try to escape.  

  With Daniel's strong arm wrapped round me, I'm nervous to even breathe too heavily in fear of him waking up and continuing his torture.  I wouldn't even make it to the door if I tried to escape.  I would be incredibly stupid to try knowing full well that he would catch me and that even if he didn't, I would have no idea where to go.  

  As if on cue, he pulls me closer into his deceitful warmth which I hate myself for enjoying.  Despite the pain still very much alive within me from the events that unfolded yesterday, his touch and affection brings me equal amounts of pleasure that I just can't ignore.  After all, he did help me with my wrist when he didn't need to.

  With my back to his chest, I can feel the steady beating of his heart in tandem with his warm breath on the skin of my neck.  A blush creeps up to my cheeks when I notice what can only be his boner pressing against my ass.  

  Is this normal for guys or am I causing this?

  "Good morning."  His deep, sleepy voice pulls me away from my thoughts, a slight rumble in his chest behind me as he can feel my body tense in his arms.  

  His vice grip around my waist and the throbbing pain in my wrist remind me of the danger of my current situation.  Maybe a few years down the road - if things were different - this might be a nice way to start a morning; but now, it's nothing short of a nightmare.  There is no way I can deny the mutual attraction that exists between us, but the terror is indistinguishable.

  I close my eyes and unconsciously take short, shallow breaths.  Maybe if I pretend to be asleep we can both pretend this is the happy fantasy we had each envisioned rather than a twisted charade for his sick perversions.  

  "You're cute," he scoffs, his lips brushing against the nape of my neck.  "I know you're awake.  And I know you can feel me."  He whispers as he grinds against me, eliciting a whimper of betrayal past my lips.  A sinister chuckle in the back of his throat sends off signals in my mind that the rouse is done.  

  "You can't fool me, little one.  You can tell me what it is you want.  Don't be afraid."  He murmurs as he trails his wet lips across my shoulder, his teeth grazing over my bra strap.  Regardless of what feelings his touch sparks deep within me, every ounce of reason within my system is screaming to crawl out of my own skin and more importantly, away from him.

  "Whatever I want?"  I squeak, unsure of exactly what I can and should ask him for.  His suggestive advances make it obvious to what he wants me to specifically request, but there's no way I'll grant him that.

 "Within reason.  I know you're not stupid enough to test my limits."  He sinks his teeth into my shoulder blade as a warning I hardly need.

  "Pain medication, and some water.  Please?"  I manage to whisper while his lips and hands blaze sinful trails across my skin.

  A low chuckle, and a squeeze elicits something between a gasp and a squeak from me.  "Don't you remember what happened the first time I gave you pain medication and water?"