vi.

......
--------

Be it shame or slander,
seduction, or smear, 
there is but one thing that humbles even the most
highly-regarded members of our dear ton a scandal!

Well, dear reader, it should seem that all of
Grovenor Square has been left to ponder
a rather scandalous question, indeed.
Might one former diamond's recent fall from grace
turn out to be the most damning scandal of all?

......
--------

WE are sitting in a fairy which sails towards the next party that we are going to. I don't know who organized it and I don't really care. I look at the venue and can see the torches and the lights that are standing at the place. It is outside and from the looks of it, there are many people. I can already hear the orchestra playing and I can faintly see the wooden dancefloor. When we arrive at the small dock we get off and walk towards the party. We walk towards the dancefloor and I look at the people dancing. I smile when I see Colin dancing with Penelope. Penelope is wearing a pink dress instead of the usual yellow her mother forces her to wear. It looks rather lovely on her. Colin and Penelope are both laughing and it's a really happy sight to look at. I know that Penelope is a really nice girl and different from her sisters. I would not be surprised if Colin and Penelope became a couple. They just look so good together. I look around, to see if Benedict is also here when I spot Simon. I see that he is being followed by six women. He must be having the time of his life. Then he is being stopped by a mother and their daughter who start talking to him and even more women join him. "Ladies and gentlemen, a most extraordinary event is about to take place." someone says, turning my attention toward the dancefloor. "Right this way!" the person says and everyone walks towards the dancefloor.

"It is with great privilege I present Vauxhall's newest spectacle of illumination. Fest your eyes above and allow all that is radiant to overwhelm you!" the person says. And suddenly all the lights that were hanging above our heads jump to life and start to shine. It's a beautiful sight. It looks almost magical like you can actually touch the stars that shine in the sky. Everybody claps. "Wow." I say. "I was thinking exactly the same." Daphne says who is standing next to me. "Is it not the most bizarre?" she asks as Anthony stops next to us. He hasn't even got the smallest smile on his face. "What is it?" I ask. "Lord Berbrooke's barony is over 200 years old. His lineage is legitimate. He has had an excellent education, possesses no debts, never hurt an animal or a woman, and is even a decent shot. To speak strictly, there is nothing wrong with him." he says. "What would any of this-" Daphne starts. "You are to marry him." Anthony interrupts her. "What?" I say full of disbelief. "Nigel?" Daphne asks. "I had to find you a husband, sister. Now, be grateful it is done. It should be just as easy to fall in love with Lord Berbrooke as with anyone else." he says. "I will not hear of this." Daphne says and she walks away. "Great job Anthony." I say and he looks a bit sad. "Daphne." I say as I start to walk after her but somebody grabs my wrist. I look behind me and see that Anthony is holding it. "Let me go Anthony I am the one that needs to make up for what you've done." I say. "You can do that later. Right now it is your turn." he says. "What?!" I say as I turn to him. "I found Daphne a husband, and now it's your turn." he says. "But mama said that she didn't expect me to find one this season." I say. "We are going to find you a husband nonetheless." he says. "Antohony, no. I don't want one." I say, but he has already hooked his arm through mine and is forcing me to walk beside him. Anthony makes me talk to a few men and dance with some of them. When the music ends I bow to the man that stands in front of me and I walk off the dancefloor. I look around for Anthony but he is already in front of me. "We've got some more." he says. "Anthony, I need something to drink." I say. "Oh, well let me get it for you." he says. "Thank you brother." I say and he nods and he walks away to get me something to drink. When I don't see him anymore I turn around and walk away.