xiii.

"INDEED it has been." I say as I remove my hat and coat. "What has kept you from coming?" he asks. "You know the social season started and I had many obligations to fulfill. "Yeah all that dancing must be horrible." he says as I hang up my hat and coat. "You know I hate it Mondrich." I say to him as I turn around. "Oh that I do Bridgerton." he says as he smiles at me. "So have you got any time for me today?" I ask. "Actually-" he says and then the door opens. "I'm sorry I am late Mondrich." Simon says as he steps inside. "Are you kidding me?" I ask Will as I turn back to look at him. "Excuse me?" Simon says. "He's one of my oldest friends Delia, we always train when he is in town." Will says, ignoring Simon. "Right." I say and I turn around to grab my coat and hat from the coat rack. "What are you doing here?" Simon asks. "I was just about to have a cup of tea with the King of England." I say sarcastically as I put on my coat. "Haha, very funny Delia." Simon says with a small roll of his eyes. "Did you just actually train with Mondrich?" Simon asks. "I wanted to but apparently he already has an appointment with you." I say as I twist my hair and once again put it under my hat. He hums. "Anyways, I'll see you some other time then Will." I say and I walk around Simon towards the door. "I hope some time soon Delia." Will answers as I open the door and step out of the boxing studio. Well, there goes my plan of having a relaxed afternoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So since my mother wouldn't let me stay at home we are currently standing in a very big house. I am standing with my mother, Daphne, and Lady Danbury. Lady Danbury looks behind me and smiles. I turn around and see Simon walking towards us. Once again he is wearing a black jacket. He bows and so do I. I look at Daphne and take her hand. "Let's go." I say and we walk into the dance room. When we enter the dance room somebody immediately steps up to Daphne. "Miss Bridgerton." the man says. "Lord Weaver." Daphne says and she bows, as does he. "I was wondering if you might do me the honor of a dance tonight." he says. Daphne grabs the card that is around her wrist and a pen and he writes his name down. And then they are off to the dancefloor. I look around. "Is my general ready for battle?" I ask. "I was born ready." he says and I chuckle. "Were that true, I suspect you would need less protection from our beloved packs of ambitious mamas." I say. "You call me the general, yet you are the first to draw blood." he says and I laugh. I look behind him and see a woman with her daughter standing a few steps from us and they are looking at Simon. "Seems like they have arrived." I say as I nod at them. He turns around and I smirk. Taking this as the best moment to slip away, so I do. I slip into the crowd, not taking my eyes of him. "Well, let's danc-" he says as he turns back around but stops when he realizes that I am no longer there. He looks around so I duck behind a group of talking men. When I have waited a few moments I step out from behind them and look at Simon. I see that that mother and her child are talking to him now but they are not the only pair. Another pair of mother and daughter have joined them and I smile. I sneak out of the dance room and look around for a familiar face. 

I spot my brother standing at the table with drinks and walk toward him. "Glad that you could join." I say as I grab a glass from the table. Colin looks at the glass in my hand. "You know that you are not supposed to drink that." he says. "Hmh." I say as I chug the whole drink down to annoy him. It probably wasn't the best idea tho because this is something strong. I mean it is not like I've never drunk something strong before. I just never did it in one big gulp. I cough a few times and Colin laughs. "That's what you get when you try to annoy me." he says. "Haha very funny." I say and I grab a glass of water and take a few gulps. I let out a sigh. Much better now. "You should stick with the wine and champagne." he says. "I can enjoy something stronger once in a while. I mean I am not a man but that doesn't mean that I can't." I say. "Come on. Let's get you some champagne." he says and we walk out of the room. We find someone who is walking around with filled glasses of champagne and I take one. "So how is it going?" I ask, not having talked a lot with Colin in the past few days. "Have you heard about my tour?" he asks me. "Yes! You are going to start with Greece right?" I ask him. "Indeed I am." he says. "Have you already decided what you are gonna do when you are there? I read that Greece has a lot of amazing architecture." I say. "I mean visiting the sites is on my list of course. And I would also like to know about their history." he says. "Such a nerd." I say. "Says who? You know that it was you who got me into all these things and you know that you like it too." he says as he nudges my side. "Okay, okay you're right. I guess I am just a little jealous." I say. "You know I'd take you with me if I could." he says. "I know, but you can't and that's okay. You just have to promise me that you will write me and that in your letters you will tell me about the places you see and their history." I say. "Any other demand you want to be making?" he asks. "I mean I don't know if it's already on your list but I think it would be nice if you could visit Venice. I mean it's a city I really wanna see someday, so I don't know maybe you'll like it." I say. "Hmm, I'll look into it." he says. He takes a sip of his drink, his eyes roaming over the room. "So how is it going with the dancing and the entertaining of women?" I ask him, switching the subject. "Well, I don't know if you heard about Miss Marina Thompson." he says. "Yes, she still appears to be ill." I say. "Correctly. I went to visit her just before she got ill-" he starts. "Colin Bridgerton." I interrupt him. "You went to court her and you didn't tell me?" I ask. He smiles. "I asked you how you chose someone and I wanted to know how things worked from your side. I meant that." I say. "Well I danced with Miss Thompson and I found her to be quite interesting." Colin says. "And of course, the fact that she looks quite attractive is nice too right." I say and he smiles. "I do wonder what has happened to her." he says a bit concerned. "Maybe she is pregnant." I say jokingly and he lets out a laugh. "You know perfectly well that that can't be true." he says. "Who knows? I mean she isn't a Featherington right? She came from elsewhere. So who knows maybe she came from a village and shared her bed with a passing soldier or a farmer." I say with a big smile. He lets out another laugh. "The imagination you have." he says. I laugh too. My whole point was to cheer him up because he did seem pretty concerned about Marina Thompson.