What could be better

It's been a week since Severus purposed, hes been acting off. You are on the train home, and he looks over at you, he kisses your cheek and you look over at him with surprise. "Sev... you okay?" You asked, "yes, why you asked?" He comments, "well you never kiss me out of the blue..." you tell him "I can't kiss the love of my life? Fine!" He looks away obviously joking around with you. Playing along you fake a offended gasp, but he looked at you thinking something was wrong. "No no! I was playing around y/n... I" he stopped when he saw a smile on your face, "sneaky (girl/boy/baby whatever you feel comfortable with)" he looks out the window, he studies the cracks in the walls and writings left from other passengers, he turns his nose up at the fact that they had the nerve to do such things, he looks back at you who is holding your stomach, you can feel his eyes on you, ".... love... you okay.... you're shaking..." you look at him, "just thinking of when I have to deliver the baby.... it's so scary to think about," you tell him looking off but still keeping your face to his, "really.... scary," you say almost whispering, " he puts his hand on your cheek, "it is," he begins, pulling you to him, "but you are doing what your body is made to do, and in my opinion it's really cool." He tries to calm you down, "besides, I won't leave your side, and that I promise." He gently kisses your cheek.

You smile and nuzzle into his chest, he gives off a small chuckle as you do, he situates himself so you are laying on his chest and he wraps his arms around you allowing you to fall asleep, he gently hums to help with your anxiety, it works like a charm. Soon you fall asleep in his arms,

You wake up an hour later and you feel Severus arms around your frame, he is asleep as well, you wish he could look like that all the time, the way his face is wrinkle free, calm almost a smirk expression, he looks like the man you fell for, you just wish he wasn't so hard on himself. He always keeps his emotions locked up from anyone who comes in contact with them,

He doesn't want to be hurt..... not again.

But for some reason, he loves you, only you. He allowed you to see him at his worst, when he was a crying mess, when he was at the point of suicide. He allowed YOU to make things right. He allowed YOU to be the kea to his heart, no one else was, and you took pride knowing that he was even willing.

You rub the hair out his face, he slowly wakes up and looks at you, "afternoon angel..." he smiles. And the smile, more rare than the solar eclipse, meteor shower, northern lights AND meeting all your celebrity crushes all in one day, it was the best thing for you to see, his smile is so warm, when you see it it's as if your heart skips a beat, or two... he can't even see how it makes you melt without blushing.

Things are perfect. NOTHING can take him from you, he is yours and you are his.

What could be better