I love him / I want him to stay away.

REVAMPED & WRITTEN BY KATSUKIST / 2023

Steps to betrayal:
SECTION I.

FLEUR BEAUMONT WOULD soon learn that freedom is intangible to those who have no devotion and so mankind will continue to exist as lambs waiting to be slaughtered by their fears and sacrificed by the Gods, gradually withering away into their enemy's depravity. That not everyone was granted such privilege to live and die as they please.

She quickly became aware that the idea of freedom was fickle amongst a crowd who only knew how to live under enforced rules and confinement all their lives. There weren't many willing to want to see change. No one was ready to put everything on the line and fight against the very thing keeping them imprisoned. Fear controlled them. But some had a flame of defiance burning in their eyes just like her. A few turned that fear of the unknown into strength. Those few wolves amongst sheep had an inferno burning inside them draped in great resolve who wouldn't abide by such foolish ideas, because they had devotion like Fleur had never seen before.

They had nothing to lose.

Fleur was a hungry child from birth. She takes and takes without ever giving back. She didn't know when to stop. It was a dangerous flaw to carry.

That hunger sought out to prove herself worthy and reject the demon blood that coursed through her veins. She would do anything in her power to accomplish her goals and she'd be damned to sit back and watch herself surrender so easily to those who deemed her weak. She would not kneel to those of higher power nor would she accept such a pathetic defeat. She wanted to fight till she was on her last breath- till her hands were scarred, numb, and blood dripped from them. They would have to kill her for the incessant bloodshed to stop.

There was no other option. The desperation that bubbled within her, searching high and low for a spec of approval, ran too deep to see clarity in the situation she was put under and she couldn't let go of the need to prove herself to the universe that she was worthy of living. The feeling was more powerful than doing the right thing.