iv. the boy with pretty eyes

FOUR,      THE BOY WITH PRETTY EYES

FOUR, THE BOY WITH PRETTY EYES

    THE ATMOSPHERE WAS calm and quiet apart from the few side conversations, just how Fleur liked it

THE ATMOSPHERE WAS calm and quiet apart from the few side conversations, just how Fleur liked it. Much different from how Shiganshina was doing at the moment. It gave her the time to recollect her thoughts, to sit down and breathe without worrying about being eaten by Titans. Although she was still furious, being alone allowed her to keep a clear mind, to keep her rage in check- her veins continued to ache with anger but she kept herself relaxed.

She had to. She was in Wall Rose now, people weren't afraid to judge within this barrier. She didn't want them to think she had completely lost it. Which she hadn't. Fleur doesn't seem to think so at least.

Everywhere she looked either people were walking up and down the streets or troops were blaming refugees as if it were their fault for Wall Maria being infiltrated. However, the girl thinks their true reasoning behind their blame had something to do with the low food supply. It's hard enough to survive as it is but now having to take care of refugees when they couldn't even take care of themselves, Fleur understood and she didn't deny their feelings.

They had the right to feel upset. However, being mean to those who were forced to leave their home wasn't helping their condition whatsoever. If anything it was making things much more difficult for those who were already feeling guilty.

Silver eyes darted around frantically scanning her new environment, paranoia clogging the girl's brain. She looked up at the stone barriers every other second afraid there'd be a shadow looming over and staring down at her. But she hid it well, no one standing near her would even come to think that she was surging with fear. Not even with the way her body was shivering, or the way she fidgeted on her feet.

If one could see what wondered in her young psyche, it'd be pure apprehension, the corners of it becoming darker than she'd wanted it to. Trepidation keeping her company like an old friend.

The girl had been waiting for almost an hour in a line that didn't plan on moving anytime soon. Appetite ripping at her insides as she stood there quietly. It took one peek ahead for Fleur to wander away from the line of people who were waiting for food and into a side street that had an arched roof, realizing she wasn't getting fed. Which was unfortunate in her favor, her body had been losing its strength, bones peeking through her skin.