Chapter 4

The entire weekend was spent packing and unpacking. She wasn't allowed to carry anything up but it didn't stop her.

Nathan's room was extremely large for no reason. Cali king bed surrounded by all black furniture, and a large flat screen on the wall. Plush carpet that felt like a teddy bear under her toes. The bathroom had double sinks, a shower with double heads, and Jacuzzi. The closet was a bedroom on its own. Black, grey, and blue suits and ties hanging meticulously. White-collared shirts neatly folded and stacked on the shelves and there were empty ones that were now filled with her things.

It was Monday so she took a quick peek at where all her things were and headed to the shelter while mentally blocking out the fact that she was coming back to sleep there.

There was still a lot to do, especially yard work which they have yet to start.
Having no equipment and in need of a few things for safety reasons they take a trip to the hardware store.

While she stands beside Tony in aisle four looking at a lawnmower, the first time, her phone, dings in her hand. She looks at it confusingly. It was a text message.

Nathan's cell.  "Where are you?"

Tony decides to add the lawnmower to the cart and they keep moving.

Why did he want to know? Why did he care? Since when did he care? She pondered this hearing Tony in the background halfway down the aisle muttering something.
More than likely it was because his sister and her family are arriving tonight and he wants her to pretend that she was his loving wife.

She hits reply. "I'm at the hardware store." Sent.

They pick up wet floor signs and concrete to fix the hole in the pathway.
Ding! Her phone goes off again. Tony minds her own business looking around and she reads her text.

Nathan's cell. "With who?"

Why did he all of a sudden want to know? She didn't ask him where he was and who he was with. She lets out a breath of air and hits reply.
"The shelter owner. Tony." Sent.

They finish up in the store and head back. She didn't get another text from him, and she didn't expect one.

Later... In the backyard, the cats and dogs run loose and the smell of fresh-cut grass fills the air. Sabrina throws a ball as far as she could and watches as the dogs run after it.

"Sabrina!" She hears Tony call from behind. "Someone's here to see you."

She turns to see her stunning husband in a grey suit walking towards her.

Tony goes back to her office leaving them alone.

Nathan gives her once over; sliding his gaze down her legs and back up. She wore a pair of denim shorts that showed off her slim, smooth legs and a tight-fitting tank-top.

"What are you doing here?" She asks just as he stops inches from her body.

He looks down at the dogs and the two cats brave enough to join them surrounding his legs. "So this is what you've been doing?"

"I told you." She crosses her arms.

"Why?" He asks