🥕|| wednesday

chapter synopsis: jeongguk finds out what exactly his pig clad partner meant by 'rebranding', namjoon attempts to persuade yoongi into joining the 'rebellion', and yoonseok cross paths with the 'serial killer hobo' once again

||🥕||

on wednesday morning, the sky sported semi-sunshine and semi-clouds that moved like sloths along the powder blue sky. people shuffled into their cars or onto buses and began their daily commute through life, stopping at cafés to grab a quick coffee and breakfast. it was just a normal day.

except it wasn't.

jeongguk stood in his usual, designated spot- the third concrete block away from the turning lane on the right of the street- bunny suited up and a comically large cardboard cutout of a boba tea in his arms. the cutout read the café's tag line and location, so that passerbys might pique interest and check it out (no one ever did).

if it had been a normal day, then jaehyun would've been in the exact same spot, just on the left side of the street, clad in his pig suit holding a comically large cutout of a hotpot meal. but he wasn't!

instead, it was some other guy.

some guy with a perfectly chiseled face and jaw, thick brows, big double lidded eyes, and coal black hair accented with electric blue highlights.

no lie, this other guy was pretty hot.

and his shirt said it too.

'some other guy', jeongguk oh so creatively dubbed him, wore a viridian green button up with a black apron on top, and black slacks with converse to match.

the front of 'some other guy's apron read 'hotboy's hotpot' on the front in big boldfaced letters, matching the color of his button up. his name tag was pinned on the left of his chest, but jeongguk couldn't read it from where he was.

it didn't matter though, because this was absolutely insane!

the ebony haired boy couldn't believe jaehyun got replaced by some handsome stranger! who the hell was he supposed to gossip loudly with across the street?!

not only that, but now jeongguk was the only who looked like a complete fool!

he would not stand for this-this injustice!

the bunny clad boy ditched his 'work place', the little square he stood in all morning and through the afternoon, and marched his way back up to the end of the street where the two buildings were located.

when he got there, it was definitely a sight to see.

on a normal day, the two restaurants barely got any customers, only one or two people would ever come in, if they were lucky.

but this was something jeongguk never expected.

people lined up behind one another in front of what was once known as 'hotpot pig', the trademark pink pig replaced with a steaming hotpot and the same logo that was on the handsome guy's apron.