Lucy 🙄

OKAY. LET'S CALM DOWN. I can sense the angry Lucy stan comments already.

Let's address the elephant in the room. Lucy is just not a good main character. Now! I'm not saying she's not a good character, I'm saying she's just not... interesting.

First of all, her sole purpose in half of the anime is to provide people with fan service. That is it.

And, the other half of the time she's either crying or waiting for someone to save her. Like sheesh.

Honestly, I don't think Lucy deserves the amount of love she gets. Everyone acts like she's the best character in Fairy Tail, but literal SIDE CHARACTERS have accomplished more than her.

Like okay, she has a decent amount of magic power and can stay in a fight long enough for someone to come and save her, but that's only because of her celestial spirits.

Literally every single fight she has won, either her spirits or someone else won for her. Now I get it that using celestial spirits is the whole point of her magic, but even when she has star dresses the most she can do is a kick.

And half of the celestial keys she has she didn't even earn herself. She just inherited them from her mother or someone else got the key for her.

The only two keys I would say she earned herself were Taurus and Leo.

And what's with everyone saying Lucy is amongst the strongest females in Fairy Tail. No she isn't?

She can't do anything by herself. It's either her spirits fight for her, she uses a star dress (which she needs a spirit to use), or she uses Urano Metria (which is basically useless without Gemini).

The only exception is her Aquarius dress, which she can use without the Aquarius key.

Other characters like Natsu, Gray and Erza have to use their own strength and skills to defeat their opponents, while Lucy just passed every battle as if it were pokémon.

Now you're going to come at me saying 'Lucy's magic is holder magic, Cana's is like that as well'. Cana can literally singlehandedly, with no help, perform Fairy Glitter and her type of holder magic is inanimate objects so she actually has to do more than just stand around shouting.

Now here are some examples of fights that were won for her because she couldn't win by herself:

Lucy v Sherry: She did defeat Sherry, but without Erza she still would've lost due to Sherry's mouse thing.

Lucy and Juvia v Vidaldus: Juvia herself had to snap out of the spell Vidaldus put on her to help Lucy win against him with a Unison Raid, because Lucy was unable to defeat her.

Lucy v Flare: She did not win the fight, but to her defense Flare did cheat. If Flare wouldn't have cheated Lucy would've won, but only because Gemini helped her do Urano Metria.

Lucy v Bickslow: Leo did 100% of the work. She stood there and looked pretty.

Lucy and Cana v Bickslow and Freed: This was basically just Lucy's spirits and Cana vs Bickslow and Freed. She literally still didn't do anything. And she won by fan service either way.

Lucy v Jackal: First of all, Lucy only escaped Alegria out of sheer luck. Luck and nothing else. Just because she's a 'main character'. And, if Aquarius wouldn't have been the selfless queen that she is and gave up her key, Jackal would've killed Lucy instantly.

Lucy and Team Natsu v Hades: What... What did she even do? Stand in the background and tell her spirits to throw a few spells? The only worthy thing she did was prevent Natsu from falling.

Lucy v Brandish: Brandish literally let her win and withdrew from the fight because she didn't want to hurt Lucy. The only useful thing Lucy did was befriend Brandish. She didn't even help defeat any of the 12.

Lucy v Angel: Again, without Hibiki and Gemini, Angel would've crushed her.

Now I'm not going to mention the fight with Minerva because Minerva was obviously way overpowered and was at Erza's level, which was just not fair.

But I will mention that the only reason she stayed in the Naval Battle that long was because of Aquarius, Virgo and Aries. When Aquarius disappeared she was literally helpless.

Also, what's with everything focusing around Lucy? In the Grand Magic Games, Lucy got kidnapped and Natsu had to go out of his way to go and save her (obviously 🙄).

Future Lucy was the ONLY one to survive? You're telling me the Dragon Slayers, Mira or Erza didn't survive but Lucy did? That's some BS. She probably just hid behind someone the whole time. But even so, Future Lucy was still more helpful than present Lucy. But they changed the future so I guess we'll never see a helpful Lucy 😔

Then what are these arcs just focusing around Lucy?
-Key of the Starry Sky, just all about Lucy and Michelle.
-Eclipse Celestial Spirits, again, all about Lucy and a tiny bit about Yukino.

Like no thanks, I don't want to see more of Lucy :)