thirty-one

5 days. 5 days was how long el was locked up in her room in hawkins. she hasn't eaten at all, she has only tried to sleep the thoughts away.

she didn't know what she was feeling but it felt like guilt. her grandma suddenly passed and she didn't say goodbye at all. she didn't check up on her or send her messages for the past years. she felt guilty.

was this grief?

hopper knocks on her door for like the 10th time that day and 60th that week but like usual she ignored it

"kid, me and your grandpa needs to go do some paperwork stuff for you grandmas funeral. i don't wanna leave you alone here." hopper says softly through the door

"leave me alone." el rasps out

"el, i know it's hard but you just can't hide out in your room forever." he sighs, "grief is hard and we're supposed to go through it together, like we did with ava."

"fuck off!" she yells, throwing something towards the door making a loud bang occur

"fine. just call me if you need anything then." he says before she hears footsteps leaving

el looked down to her wrist, her new scars. she deserved it, she didn't talk to her grandma for months and now she couldn't say goodbye. she deserved it.

once she hears hoppers car leave and pull out of the driveway, she sighs, sitting up and standing up to walk downstairs for the first time in days.

opening the cabinets, she looks around in there to find any type of alcohol.

finally, she sees 4 bottles of vodka at the back of the cabinet and she grabs all of it before heading up to the roof.

going up to the roof wasn't easy, there was a tiny ladder on the side of the window outside hoppers room and that was the only way up.

yes it was dangerous carrying 4 bottles of vodka and climbing up a ladder to the roof but did she care? no, because at this point nothing mattered.

once she got up, she sat down by the edge, her feet dangling off the edge as she opens the first bottle and bring it to her lips.

she lets out a sigh relief, knowing if she consumed too much she would get alcohol poisoning in other words a alcohol overdose.

so then she continued, throwing her head back and chugging the alcohol down her throat.

like hopper said 'i cant hide in my room forever.'

so why hide there when she can hide in the sky far away from any future pain.

it was a 50/50 chance of her getting alcohol poisoning though but it was a chance she was willing to take.

after about 2 bottles it was getting hard for her to keep her eyes open for some reason. it was also hard for her to bring the bottle up to her mouth actually.

so she stood up, walking along the edge of the roof still attempting to finish her third bottle of vodka.

"el!" she hears someone call out