4

sage marie walker.

i yawned, walking to the breakroom at my job. today has been so quiet and the vibes have been weird.

i didnt mind it though, i like peace. sometimes.

i pulled my phone out of my scrubs, scrolling thru instagram. i usually go get something to eat but my boss told me we couldnt leave for lunch or break today so i just followed the rules so i wouldnt get fired.

i looked up from my phone after hearing the door open with my co worker peeping through.

"hey sage!" she said excitedly.

i spoke back in confusion before looking back down on my phone.

weird.

ezra 💕 would like to facetime...

i smiled answering the facetime, i havent talked to him in almost two days.

"hey baby" he answered smiling back.

"hiiii"

"you on break?" he looked at the camera while looking back up.

"yeah, how did you know?" i asked and he ended the call.

"because im right here" i looked up, gasping.

"ezraaaaaa!" i dragged while running up to hug him.

he had roses and some chic-fil-a, my favorite.

"mmmm i missed my baby" he hugged me tight and i just slapped his chest.

"why didn't you tell me you were back?!" i pouted and he laughed.

"i wanted to surprise you, ofcourse"

so thats why everybody was acting weird today.

i just smacked my lips, grabbing the food bag.

"ouuu, food" i dragged while dancing to the break table.

he came and sat at the table with me, i sniffed the roses when he sat them down.

"awe you so sweet when you wanna be" i side-eyed him and he just chuckled waving me off.

"whatever sage"

i smiled at him while taking all my food out the bag to lay it on top.

"im taking you out tonight, so when you get home i need you to get ready, while i go check on things" he said and i just nodded.

"mhmm, okay mr fancy. where we going?" i scooted my lips to the side and he shook his head.

"you know its a surprise shorty" he patted my head as he got up.

"im gone see you tonight, remember! ready at 7 sage!" he pointed at me and i nodded my head.

"yes ezra, i heard you" he kissed my forehead before walking out.