Chapter 10

2 weeks later things were interesting. We were currently fighting Grimm on a train to Argus to deliver the lamp to Atlas.  Pnuema's sword worked as good as it did when she was still here, and I was able to have it dematerialize and materialize in my hand. Anyway, Oscar had just yelled to us that a tunnel was coming up, so I slid down between 2 cars with Yang, Ruby, Weiss, and Blake. "Fun as always." I say, dematerializing my sword. "Yup!" Ruby says, giggling a bit. "Glad to have us all together again." I say, smiling at them. "Yeah, us too." Blake says, hugging me quickly. "Alright, anyway, plans?" Yang asks. "I may have an idea, we could evacuate the cars and have Jaune amplify Rens masking semblence, theoretically it should hide everyone's emotions on the train." I say, voicing my idea. "What good will that be if the trains defenses are on?" Weiss asks. "Either that idiot shuts them off, or I destroy them, because it's the only way the civilians are getting out of here alive." I say.

We evacuate the civilians to the front few cars and I was standing with Blake as we go to unhook the back half of the train. As we do, I could see her eyes go wide as she looked at the back of the car in front of us. "What's wrong?" I ask, putting my arm around her shoulders. "N-nothing, let's go with the others." Blake says, as I nod. We head to the others and climb back on top. "We need to take down that Sphinx!" I say to Blake. "On it." She says, throwing Gambol Shroud to Yang so she can punch it into the Sphinx. They get it down and I cut its head off as the train derails. "This is gonna huuuuuurrrrtttt!" I yell, falling face first into the snow and tumbling. My ankle hurt like hell, but I stood up on my other foot and propped myself up against a tree. "Everyone alright?" Qrow calls out. "Just peachy!" I say back, as everyone else responds. "Still alive!" An unfamiliar voice says.

A few minutes later as Yang is getting Bumblebee out of the train, she says "Great, we've lost a third of our party and gained a defenseless old lady."

"My name is Maria Calavera, and I am not defenseless! I'm just a little hard of hearing. And blind without my eyes, that are in desperate need of repair. Okay, I'm starting to see your point." The old lady says. "Yang, knock it off, will ya? If we lose our cool now, we'll just be inviting even more Grimm." Qrow says. "Does that even matter? Apparently, we've been attracting Grimm ever since we left Haven." Blake says, losing her cool a bit. "Oh, and how could I forget about that?" Yang says, sounding absolutely pissed. "I did not lie to you..." Ozpin says. "Well you certainly didn't tell us everything about the Relic." Weiss responds. "Please, now is not the time." Ozpin says. "No, we're past that! I wanna know why you're still not telling us everything!" Yang yells. "Yang, he's got a point, nows not the ti-" "Its alright. It is true that the Grimm are attracted to the Relics. It's faint, but undeniable. I believe it has to do with their origin, but I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, I feared that making you all aware would only add anxiety and negativity. It seemed like the safer option." Ozpin says, cutting me off. "You know, I'm getting real tired of people choosing what's best for me." Weiss says. "Is that why you chose to lie to everyone about Lionheart too?" Yang yells again. "Yes, as a matter of fact, I believed the Kingdom of Mistral deserved better than the truth. And I believed Leonardo deserved to be remembered for his lifetime of service, and not for the unfortunate missteps he made in his final years." Ozpin says. "Yang, he's not wrong. Just because someone made a mistake, that shouldnt condemn them to being remembered poorly." I say. "Mistakes?!" Yang shouts. "What Professor Lionheart did was reprehensible. I am not here to argue differently, but does one lapse in judgment truly negate all of his good? Do we not all have regrets? You may have met Professor Lionheart, but you never met the man he was before Salem found him." Ozpin says. "Look, we're supposed to be in this together. You can trust us! We're not gonna turn our backs on you." Yang says. "Do you really think Leo was the first?!" Ozpin yells. "Ozpin, calm down." I say, hopping over to them on one foot before Blake noticed and grabbed my arm to hold me up. "Thanks Blake." I say, smiling a bit. "Do you think he did not say those exact words to me?!" Ozpin says, beginning to rant a bit. "I'm, sorry. Wheres the relic?" Ozpin asks. "Here." Ruby says, handing it to him.
Small timeskip as I dont remember this next part too well.

Eventually, Ruby said what the name of the lamp is and the relic glowed blue. Everyone disappeared and I was left on my own, though I could stand. "You, your an interesting one, what is it you wish to know?" A large blue ghost woman asked. "I'm just allowed to ask?" I ask. "Yes, I will give you 3 answers freely, but the others will only get the remaining 2 of this century." She says. "How do I bring Pneuma back?" I asked. "You cannot." Jinn says. "Can we defeat Salem?" I asked next. "You cannot kill Salem." Jinn says. "That wasnt my question. I asked if it was possible to defeat her, not kill her." I say. "Possible, yes. You have a chance, but it will only happen if the peices fall into place." Jinn says. "Alright. I wish to save my last question then. Thank you." I say, the blue glow going away, putting me back in reality where I almost fell over again before Blake caught me. Qrow punched Ozpin into a tree, confusing me but I assume I missed something as I limp over to his side. "What the hell?!" I yell, making sure he was ok. His eyes changed as I helped him up. "He's gone." Oscar says. "You know what, we can deal with this later. Qrow, control your fucking anger, and the rest of you, would you calm down?! No we can't kill her. That doesnt mean we lose hope. Jinn told me something, but I'm only telling you once your calm." I say, though that might have been a mistake as Yang pushed me up against a tree. "Dont you dare side with him." She says, almost threateningly. "Put me down." I say. "Tell us what Jinn said, and I will." Yang says. "Fine. I have a chance." I say. "What?" Everyone stops and looks at me. "She told me I have a chance to defeat Salem. We cant kill her, that doesnt mean we cant beat her. We can win. Jinn told me I needed the peices to fall into place." I say.

That was a fun one to write. My fingers are numb now. Sparrow king out.