"Billionaire"

*** Lily's POV***

"There is speculation that you are my,

That I'm your dad."

What? 

Huh?

What did he just say? 

"what?" I say softly, with a look that I can only describe as 'wtf' plastered across my face.

He looks scared? No, that's not it. Nervous? Uncomfortable? 

"I'm your dad," He starts, "We think, uh, we speculate."

Is he really doing this right now? At my mom's funeral? I mean lose one parent get another.

Stop Lily, not the time for jokes. 

There's a looming silence that feels heavy, I kinda want him to say something but I know I should say something but what do I even say to that? What does he want be to say to that?

Neither of us speak. Oh god this is so uncomfortable. 

"Oh," I finally say.

"Oh?" he says, giving me an almost disappointed look. 

"I'm sorry, what did you want me to say?" 

"I don't know, but something more than 'oh'" He says, staring right at me. Okay maybe no eye contact was better than whats happening now.

"Well, I uh, why are you telling me this?" 

"What do you mean why am I telling you this, it's about you."

"Yeah but like, why not tell me after you know for sure."

"huh?" he asks, looking at me, obviously hoping for a very different reaction.

"I mean, why not tell me that I am your kid after you know one hundred percent, instead of playing a little 'maybe, maybe not' and possibly getting my hopes up." he stares at me, again. He looks taken a back a bit. 

"Well, we need you to be sure. You know Pepper thought it would be a little unorthodox if we just took your blood." he says, changing his posture slightly, trying to look unbothered. 

"I don't know, you're a millionaire I think you could get away with it." 

"Billionaire." 

"Oh yeah, sorry, Billionaire." I reply, letting out a small laugh.

I mean, I think that counts as bonding right? But there is is again. Silence. That dreadful, shockingly loud silence. We both stand there, neither of us knowing what to do next. You know for him being a genius and myself being a top student, you'd think we would know what to do.

"You look like her." Tony says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"hm?" 

"You look like Robin. I mean, you have her eyes." He says, visibly uncomfortable but hey, he's trying.

"Oh, um, thanks." Oh my god why is this so awkward. 

We both stand here, shifting in our place. I really don't know what to say. It's clear neither does he. 

Pepper notices the lack of conversation and comes over, standing beside Tony. "So, Tony, did you ask her?"

"Ask me what?"

"Okay, well that answers that question," Pepper says, letting out a small chuckle. "Tony," she says, nudging his shoulder. He's avoiding all eye contact at this point.

Both Pepper and I stand there, waiting for Tony to say something while he's shifting in his spot. Pepper lets out a small sigh before she speaks, "Tony and I were thinking that it would be good if you stayed with us while we wait for test results." 

"You want me to stay with you?" I ask her, and she nods. "It's alright, really, I'm staying with Peter and May and I really don't want to bother you an-"

"Lily," Pepper says, interrupting me, "we want you to stay with us."

"Yeah, it'll, uh, give us a chance to get to know you," Tony adds, it's obvious that he's uneasy.

"Are you sure?" I ask again, "Yes." Pepper says, giving me a smile.

"But what if the test results come back saying I'm not his kid and then it'll be all awkward and-" 

"Lily, if the results come back negative, Tony and I would have gotten to spend time with a lovely girl." Pepper says, interrupting me once again but still not really calming me down.

"I feel like you're not going to let me say no, so um, sure. As long as you are both okay with it."

Tony smiles a little but quickly hides it, "Wonderful," Pepper says, motioning for the man behind to join us. "Lily, this is Happy Hogan, head of security for Stark Industries," I give him a small smile as he joins us, "He will pick up your things from Peter's," 

"Oh, no, that's fine. There's a lot, I can do it." I start, "No no, he needs something to do," Tony interjects, giving Happy a smirk. Happy gives into a small smile but quickly replaces it with a dirty look directed at Tony. 

"Alright, I'll go let May know that you're staying with us, Happy and I will grab your things and Tony will show you around the tower," Pepper says, walking away before I have a chance to respond, leaving Tony and me alone.

I turn my attention to Tony who is just, kind of, starring at me. I glance around the room, avoiding eye contact as we stand in silence, for the 50th time in the past few minutes. 

"Okay," Tony starts, "lets go." Turning on his heel he starts walking, expecting me to follow. I glance back at Peter and he's staring at me with a confused look on his face. I shrug at him and mouth the word "Bye" before quickly following behind Tony to his car.

Word Count: 908

Date: March 16, 2021

Okay haha, sorry for being the best procrastinator. AND for making y'all wait for long for a kinda short chapter:))))

BUT I'm excited and thank you for reading.