Chapter 1 (Smiles)

Lily Turner, lost in thought while staring at Midtown's cafeteria Mac n' Cheese interrupted by one of her best friends, Ned Leeds. "What do you think he's doing right now?" 

Lily lets out a small laugh, "I don't know, probably something super boring, you know, being in Germany with Tony Stark." she says, looking up from her food. 

Ned rolls his eyes, "No, Lily, I'm serious. He's probably flying around in one of Ironman's suits. I wish I could fly around in one of Ironman's suits." he says, a small frown growing on his face. "What, instead of eating lunch with me? You're nuts. If you ask me, Peter is the one missing out and wishing he was here with us." Lily says, trying to convince Ned that he'd be happier with her, but they know that either one of the would kill to be in Peter Parker's shoes right now, over in Germany with the one and only Tony Stark, for some internship.

"Hey, did you order the LEGO Death-star yet?" Lily says, trying to take their minds off Peter, "Yeah! My Parents ordered it last night!" Ned says, pure excitement in his voice. The two of them smiling wider than one would think possible, talking about a Star-wars LEGO set in Midtown's Cafeteria.

After school, the two begin to walk to Lily's apartment, planning on binge watching as many of the Harry Potter movies as possible before they fall asleep. The perfect way for them to start the long weekend. 

Opening the door to her apartment, Lily automatically feels that something is off. "Mom?" she yells as she walks through the door, Ned following behind her. Silence for a moment, before her mom comes into eyes view, trying her hide a smile. 

"What?" Lily asks playfully, "Hi Miss. Turner!" Ned says from behind Lily. Robin Turner says nothing, her face breaking into a full blown smile, "guess what?" she says.

"What?" Both Lilly and Ned say in sync, both very confused about what's going on. That's until a young boy rounds the corner, a wide smile on his face.

"PETER!" Ned yells, running past Lily to give Peter a hug. "I- wha- I thou- I thought you w-were,  Germany?" Lily stutters out, in a slight bit of shock that her best friend is home a week earlier than expected.

"I know, we ended early!" Peter says, a smile plastered across his face, his head just peaking out over Ned's body due to their height difference. Lily smiles and joins in on the hug between Peter and Ned. She's happy to her two favourite boys in the whole world with her tonight. Happy.

Hi! Sorry this is really short, I just wanted to somewhat introduce the characters. I'm so so so so excited to start this story, it's all I've been able to think about the past few days. I hope you continue to read what I have in story for Lily!

Word Count: 487

October 8, 2020