Chapter Two

(October - May)

Hey pup,

I'll come to visit you sometime before my birthday, okay? I'm glad you're getting along with Marvolo. He's an old friend and was really there for me when James and Lily died. I can't say I hope you'll get picked but if you do you can't do any better than the Emperor. Literally! Ha!

Love,
Paddy

——————

Harry was quite enjoying his time in the Emperor's Palace. The gardens and libraries were huge and always open. The house-elves and human servants were kind and always willing to help.

Harry hadn't expected to enjoy himself here. He'd thought he'd miss his father too much to like this place but he did.

It was the end of October now and all the dates with the emperor were done. Harry had felt his had gone well and that he and the emperor had really connected. He felt strange liking the emperor, he hadn't expected to come this far and he wasn't sure if he wanted to marry him. Hopefully, they'd be able to court properly before they were expected to marry.

If he was picked of course.

Sirius' birthday was approaching, November 3rd, and he wasn't sure which day his father was coming to see him. He had written him along with a letter from the emperor and he'd said he'd come to visit. But the idiot hadn't told him a date. So now he was twiddling his thumbs waiting.

He was currently walking back to his rooms after spending some time in the gardens reading. Harry arrived at his room and opened his door to carnage.

"Ahh!" Harry's yelped scream echoed down the corridor and he could hear the guards posted at the entrance rush towards him.

"Lord Hadrian, what's wrong?" One of them asked out of breath. Harry didn't answer him as he ventured further into the room.

His room had been totaled. Quite a bit of his clothing was torn up, any personal items not locked up were destroyed. The library books as well were torn up and their pages threw around. His bedding had been ripped up and was covered in the feathers from his pillows.

Harry could feel his eyes tearing up as he surveyed the damage. He ignored the guards around him checking the rooms for intruders as he slowly kneeled to pick up his gold and emerald collar which had been destroyed. The gold was too soft to withstand angry hands. The emeralds were salvageable but this necklace had been a family heirloom and had been worn by his bearer before him.

He bent over his hands and tried to contain the sobs that ripped out of his chest.

He felt small arms encircle his shoulders and turned into the comfort offered.

Harry didn't know when the emperor arrived but he was just getting himself together in the safety of Luna's arms when he felt the man's magic swamp the room.

"What has happened here?" The Emperor demanded. Luna helped Harry to stand as the guards came to attention. They tried to kneel and bow but the emperor waved them off, wanting answers.

"It seems someone broke into Lord Hadrian's rooms and destroyed his belongings." The way the guard spoke made it seem like Harry had trashed his own rooms.

"Hold your tongue. I very much doubt Hadrian would destroy his own clothes and belongings." The emperor moved as he spoke coming to set a hand on Harry's shoulder. "We will look into this matter, Hadrian. I'll have your wardrobe and personal belongings replaced."

He paused looking down at the ruined necklace in Hadrian's hands. "And whatever jewelry fixed or replaced. If there is anything missing please tell me."