Chapter Five

(December - February)

They had been in the throne room holding court on December 15th when Harry's water broke.

"Uhm....?" Harry looked down at the sudden popping feeling and the release of pressure. His hands came up, noticing his bump wasn't as big anymore.

"Your Majesty's water has broken." Luna whispered quietly into his ear.

"Oh." Harry said surprised. He only then noticed he was sitting in a warm puddle. He turned to his husband and hissed. ¥Marvolo, my water's broken.¥

Marvolo just stared at him uncomprehendingly.

¥What?¥

¥The babies are coming.¥ Harry deadpanned, his back was starting to hurt now and he wanted the hell out of the throne room before he had to do anything. Only Marvolo, Luna and Healer Diggory would be there when he gave birth.

Marvolo suddenly stood and addressed the court.

"My consort and I shall be retiring. Dismissed." There was some grumbling at the abrupt dismissal, but everyone began to leave in an orderly fashion.

Marvolo bent to pick Harry up bridal style, Harry moaning all the way as the pain in his back increased. Marvolo escorted them quickly back to their suite, calling for someone to floo call Healer Diggory. Luna scampered off to do who knows what.

They arrived at their rooms and Marvolo set him done on their bed then stood there like the lump he was.

"Be useful you moron and help me undress. Then rub my back." Harry grumbled at his husband snapping him out of his stupor. He quickly had Harry out of his robes and into a simple chemise, then began rubbing Harry's lower back right where he needed it.

Harry moaned, as some of the pressure released.

Healer Diggory was barely in the room before she started casting spells, diagnostic ones on Harry, and sterilization charms around the room to clean it.

Marvolo jumped horribly when she barged in.

"Alright, your Majesty. Let's see how you're doing. Luna will be bringing everything we need to you can be reassured everything will be fine." She said to Harry as she checked him.

Harry had Marvolo reposition him on his knees against the headboard where he rocked his hips to do something, Harry wasn't even sure he just knew it helped.

"Well we will be here awhile, you've got nine more centimeters to go before you can start pushing." Healer Diggory announced cheerfully before she bustled around the room, setting things up.

Marvolo just glared at her before focusing on rubbing Harry's back.

--------------------

Harry wasn't sure how long he'd been in labor but when Healer Diggory finally gave him the go ahead to start pushing he almost didn't want to he was so tired.

"I'm going to castrate you later." He told Marvolo, completely serious.

"Of course my love." Marvolo just nodded and agreed. This wasn't the first time in the last few hours that his consort had threatened him with some sort of bodily harm.

"Push on the next contraction, your Majesty."

Everything blurred again for Harry as he focused just on pushing when he had contractions and resting when they stopped.

When a head and then a body was finally forthcoming he sighed when it slipped out.

"Fuck me. I have to do this again?" He asked though he forgot his question in hearing his firstborn greet the world for the first time.