▪ 3 ▪

We talked a lot after that day. Mostly through texts on Facebook as we didn't have many mutual friends and our group of friends were polar opposites of each other.

I found out that he was an only child and I told him that I had one annoying younger brother.

He told me that he could play piano and won a few competitions when he was young and I told him that I could play drums but never had the courage to enter a band.

He  referred to debate being his first love and told me that he got into debate after realizing that he could express his views and opinions better in front of everyone this way; I and I said that I never got into anything aside from music and literature.

I found out that he wanted to become an engineer and I said that I didn't know what I wanted to become yet.

I also found out that he took hours before replying to my texts and I found myself waiting for his every single response with bated breath. 

He was also very formal and polite, hardly saying anything about himself unless I asked. He hardly ever asked anything about me as well.

We exchanged songs. While he liked to listen to mellow, soft, indie music. I loved loud & catchy pop and rock music.

He liked books that had a definite and logical storyline while I loved books that had a more abstract and metaphorical context.

While he preferred staying in home during weekends, studying and preparing for exams and all the other physics/chemistry/mathematics Olympiads, I went to all kinds of parties around the town with Phoebe.

We both liked coffee though.

I shared some of these things with Phoebe on our sleepover nights over cookies and milk. But I kept some things only to myself. 

I taught him how to send penguin emoji through letters in texts and he taught me how to calculate pH of a solution in the fastest way.

He never messaged me before. It was me who always texted him first, talked to him first.

Still I was falling deeper and deeper for him every single day; he was becoming more charming and beautiful in my eyes every day. As if he was this bright ball of flame and I kept getting attracted to him like a moth. 

He made me feel warm for the first time in my life; he was warm like the first cup of coffee I hold in every morning. He was warm like that cashmere sweater my mom bought for me and kept me warm in the coldest nights of winter. There was always this giddy feeling swirling inside me and I smiled more and laughed more. I became brighter day by day.

_

Word count: 462