▪ 9 ▪

"Mum, I wanna take a break from school." I said without meeting her eyes.

Teacher had called her, letting her know everything about the party and the drugs. But she didn't know what was actually killing me from inside.

She stared at me for some time. "Is anything wrong, love?"

I snapped my head towards her. I didn't expect that reaction. She was looking at me so softly and with so much worry that it didn't even occur to me that she had so many reasons to be angry with me.

"I just-- I just don't wanna go back to school, mum." My eyes welled up with hot tears. 

"Sasha, what happened?" She came and sat beside me. "It's me, your mum, Sasha. You can tell me anything. I will never judge you."

"Please, mum, please!" My voice broke as I pleaded desperately and tears started rolling down my cheeks. "Please do this and I'll never ask you for anything ever again. Please, mum…"

"Okay, okay, love." She engulfed me in her warm hug and I realized that this was my most favourite place on earth to be. No other warmth could ever compare to her. "I'll talk to your school. You don't have to worry about anything."

I sobbed silently in her arms and I mumbled a small thank you.

She didn't let me go. I knew she'd never let me go.

"What do you say about some vacation?" Mum asked suddenly.

"Vacation? Now?" I said incredulously.

"Yeah, why not? Where do you feel like going, hm?"

"Forget it. Do you even have the money?"

"Don't worry about money! Just tell me where do you wanna go?"

"Um okay… how about Italy? I've always wanted to visit Italy…"

"Alright! Italy, it is then."

"Uh mum, can we take Phoebe too?"

"Sure, why not? Anything you want, love."

Then I embraced her tighter. Not because she was letting me take Phoebe with us but because always being there when I needed her the most.

"But promise me you’ll tell me everything?" Her voice whispered softly.

"Of course, mum. Who else do I have?"

_

Word count: 356