six

Mahira's eyes tear up a little bit as she recollected the way they broke up and to think all of that was fake and Ameen did that only for her betterment sake has left her fuming in frustration. She was furious at him for all the heartaches he has caused her, even if his intentions were good. He could have handled the situation a hundred times better, but damn they were really immature back then. And to add more fuel to the fire, that stupid Maya's stupid lies. 

She never believed them, until the lipstick mark came into the picture. And to say it was his lips, she wanted to punch him hard again. 

He was hardly twenty one and she was eighteen. Thinking of the old times brings a smile to her face, but she replaced it with a frown when he came into her view. 

Dressed in a denim leather jacket and a white t-shirt underneath it, Ameen looked handsome as ever. Drool-worthy actually. Mahira had to remind herself that she's here to yell at him and not admire him. As though understanding her face, he gave her a knowing smile. She scowled in return.

"Mahi, have you seen the time? Is this when you wake up?" Rashida asked with a not so pleased look on her face, "this is how she is. Still very immature, I don't think she is ready to be married at all." She spoke those words directly towards Salika and Usmaan Qureshi, who very well know of how against the Hussain family is about this marriage. 

As if in trance Mahira realized why she came down without taking a proper look at herself and regretted it immediately. The Qureshi family sat in her living room, who was deep in some conversation until she came. His eyes were fixed on hers the entire time, making her want to throw a few more punch on his nose. 

Little Abeera was complaining something to her dad, who was listening to her very seriously with a small frown on his face. Mawra just entered the living room as well and looked at everyone curiously. 

"But the kids love each other so much, Rashida. We stopped to this date because of her studies and Ameen's job, but Alhamdulillah Mahira is done with them and Masha Allah, Ameen is successful in whatever he does. What is stopping us now?" Salika insisted that they call each other by names since there wasn't much age difference between the both of them and no need for any formalities like bhabhi or baji. 

Ameen grinned looking at her, whose eyes widened with his mother's words. Her expressions were so funny and he was enjoying every bit of it. 

"They are right, Rashida. I think we should go with this. Our daughter's happiness matters too." Akram, who was always against marrying off Mahira with Ameen, shocked everyone with his reply. This discussion wasn't happening for the first time, but his answer surely has been very surprising, who unlike every other time has given a positive response. 

Ahil, Mawra and Ibrahim beamed at this news and Abeera was still very sad about something. Salika and Usmaan smiled in relief, while Ameen was in utter shock. 

Mahira, who was unaware of this was confused. She had no idea that they've already asked her hand in marriage during most of the family gatherings, but Akram dismissed it every single time, with the excuse of her studies.

She also had no idea that, while she was sulking in misery, studying three hundred miles away, Ameen has planned so much for them and one among them was outside, waiting for her to come and see. 

"But we should ask our daughter in law as well, is she happy with this sudden marriage?" Salika grinned excitedly, looking at Mahira. Who was quite taken aback. The lady has already fixed her to be the daughter in law. She couldn't help but think; Ameen wasn't lying when he told his mother was very cool. 

"Uh, if you don't mind uncle. I want to talk with her first, alone." Ameen requested Akram politely, who nodded a bit hesitantly. 

Rashida didn't look happy at all. But didn't make a scene for her husband's sake.