Chapter 4

"Ah, how irritating." Shigure thought as he walked to the bathroom for some medicine.

For the most part, he woke up feeling much better, albeit with a headache and minor stomach ache. The vomiting had stopped late last night, and his fever had gone down.

Once he found what he was looking for, Shigure tossed the pills in his mouth and turned the faucet on, cupping his hand under the warm water. He brought it to his mouth and swallowed down the warm liquid and pills.

As he walked down the hall back to his room, he paused at Yuki's room. The door was partly open, leaving room for him to peek inside. Yuki was wide awake, staring at the ceiling, seeming bored and tired.

Shigure signed before pushing the door open. Yuki's complexion was much paler than Shigure would have liked. Yuki jumped at the sudden intrusion, which resulted in a rough coughing fit.

Shigure quickly moved forward at the sound of wheezing coming from the more petite boy. He knelt beside him and rubbed his back, murmuring soft and reassuring words into his ear. Yuki was staring at him now, his fever glazed eyes wide with fear.

" Yuki calm down. We've been through this before with Hatori, remember?. Just take slow deep breaths, in and out".

Back whenever Yuki got sick, he would usually always have bad coughing fits and start panicking. His attacks are seemingly similar to asthma attacks. However still just as serious or scary.

"In through your nose and out through your mouth....yeah, just like that", he instructed.

He rested his hand over Yuki's chest as he steadied his breathing. Yuki reached a shaking hand and grabbed a fistful of Shigure's kimono, lowering his head as Shigure pulled Yuki forward, wrapping his arms around the trembling boy. Yuki continued to cough and wheeze silently against his chest. Shigure frowned in concern. Was he not getting any better?.

" Wait right here."

Shigure laid the boy back on the pillows, lifting the blanket back over his still trembling form before heading out the door.

He stopped in the doorway when Yuki called his name.

"D-don't." He gasped.

" I'll be quick."

Shigure smirked at the odd behavior before leaving the room.

He walked down the hall towards the closet to grab the small humidifier.

On the way back, he ran into Kyo.

Much like Yuki, he was pale. However, he appeared much better than the last time he saw him.

He stopped momentarily and glanced down at the humidifier in his hand.

"Yuki?" he asked sleepily.

Shigure merely nodded in slight amusement.

With that, Kyo closed his eyes.

Shigure watched for a moment in slight amusement. " Alright, let's get you into bed," with one hand, he helped guide the half-asleep cat into his room. Placing the humidifier down for a moment, he gently pushed Kyo down onto the bed and draped the covers up to his chin.

"Good night Kyo."

Once he was sure Kyo was comfortable, he picked up the humidifier and headed back to Yuki's room. Lucky for him Yuki had fallen asleep. Plugging the device into the wall beside the bed, he wished Yuki a good night before heading to his own bed.

When Tohru woke up that morning, Shigure had decided against telling her about Yuki's attack in fear of worrying her more than she already was.

At around 10 in the morning, Yuki slowly woke up, his chest heavy and his throat dry. Not wanting to bother Tohru more than he has already, he climbed out of bed and shakily to his feet.