Chapter 2

A/N Hey I'll most likely be updating this story before working on my other ones mostly since I'm kinda still working on what direction I want to go there, I also kinda want to rewrite my other fruits basket fanfic but I'll do that once I actually finish the story first.

Tohru, very much panicked. Her mind ran a mile a minute as it was filled with doubt and multiple questions. It wasn't like this was the first time she has taken care of someone sick but never alone and certainly not three people at once.

She knew almost nothing about what was wrong with Yuki nor Kyo though she suspected he might have just a cold although she knew how bad that could quickly get if not treated correctly. She dashed into Shigure's study to search for some medical books to help.

"Ok...fever". She whispered to herself. "Moderate-Grade Fever is 100.4 -102.2 Fahrenheit. A temperature reading at or above 104 Fahrenheit is called hyperpyrexia". She yelped as she read the rest.' I really hope none of their fevers get that high or I wouldn't know what to do'.

She kept reading until she got to what she was looking for "Treatment". She pressed her face closer to the book in her hands. "Drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of rest, eat light foods and use a cold compress". She smiled to herself and got set to do exactly that.

Making her way to the kitchen she filled a small basin with water. She then headed upstairs to Yuki's room, pushing open the door, where he was just barely waking up. He looked up as she walked inside smiling softly up at her.

"Good Morning Miss Honda", he greeted before beginning to cough slightly.

"Ah! Yuki are you okay?", Tohru fussed setting the basin of water on the bedside dresser before helping Yuki into a sitting position.

Yuki smiled again.

"I'm fine Miss Honda, don't worry".

However, she still couldn't help but be worried. She picked up the wet cloth from this morning and dampened it before replacing it over his forehead.

"You should get some sleep, you're running a fever"., Tohru advised.

"But... I just woke up". Yuki said.

"Oh, yeah you did". Tohru whispered to herself. She leaned forward and took his temperature again. "Doesn't feel any warmer".

"Miss Honda", Yuki spoke up, gaining her attention.

When she looked back up she was surprised to see his face pulled into a frown, looking upset and ashamed.

"I'm sorry for making you worry. It's impolite of me to make you waste our day fretting over me".

Tohru waved her hands around and shook her head. "No no, it's alright. I honestly don't mind. I like taking care of all definitely after everything you've done for me as well, it's the least I can do". She was a bit encouraged to see that his expression hadn't changed.

"How's Kyo?" he asked, changing the subject." He was out with me yesterday too".

Tohru smiled briefly at his show of concern. They have finally started to get along these days and that made her really happy. She looked down in her lap with a frown. "I'm afraid he might have a cold and Shigure has food poisoning from eating some bad meat last night". She felt a little relieved when he chuckled a bit.

"It serves that pervert right and Kyo shouldn't have come with me".

It was quiet for a moment until he turned to look at her noticing her upset expression. "What's wrong Miss Honda?". He propped himself up onto his elbows to get a better look at her face. She had her head down and she was gripping her pant legs. It was obvious she was still upset about something.

"It's just that...I'm worried about you're, you know...bronchial tubes. Don't you get flare-ups when you're sick? Hatori won't be able to come over since Momjii is sick too".

Yuki shook his head smiling warmly at her. "Don't worry miss honda as long as I stay in bed and don't over-exhaust myself I'll be just fine. I'm older now so I don't get them as often as I used to when I was younger".

But he couldn't hide how scared he was as well, he wasn't sure what would happen either. He just hoped that everything would be fine because there was nothing he could do but lay back and sleep this sickness off.

He leaned back further into the sheets as he became drowsy again, his eyes getting heavier and heavier, his breathing steady indicating the bliss of sleep.

Tohru smiled before replacing the wet cloth and taking the basin with her as she exited his room.

She walked down the hall towards the kitchen, the basin in hand careful not to spill it, worrying thoughts still plaguing her mind.

"Should I call Hatori again?".

Just then she saw a door slide open and Shigure walking through with his shoulders hunched over. He was rushing over to what Tohru only assumed was to the bathroom. He was paler than he was this morning. She silently followed him feeling the typical sting of worry as she watched him empty the contents of his stomach into the round bowl.

'What did mom do when I was sick' she wondered.

It wasn't hard for her to remember as she was sick quite a lot when she was young. She kneeled beside Shigure and rubbed his back soothingly. She stopped momentarily to look over her shoulder when she heard footsteps. She quickly looked back when Shigre let out a few dry heaves into the toilet. He lifted his head and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Tohru what are you doing here?". He asked his voice hoarse.

" You looked like you were going to be sick again so I came to comfort you", she answered handing him a towel to wipe his face with.

He moved to flush the toilet before speaking up.

"Don't you worry about me Tohru I haven't been sick in a while but it's nothing I can't handle. You should spend your time taking care of Yuki and Kyo. We don't need Yuki flaring up and Kyo tends to shut himself away and forget to take care of himself when he's sick. I don't want him getting worse".

Tohru helped him to his feet and nodded. "I still want to help you too, do you feel any better?".

Shigure smiled. " To be honest my stomach does still feel a bit queasy, but that's to be expected".

Tohru nodded before going through the medical cabinet and handing him some anti-nausea pills. "Maybe this will help". He gratefully took them and smiled.

"Thank you, Tohru. Mind me asking why you're so keen on taking care of us?", he asked.

"Well, I wanted to repay you all for everything you've done for me and I can't just sit around while you all are sick. I like being there for all of you", she responded with a smile. "I remember hating being sick when I was younger, so I really don't like seeing you all sick".

Shigure smiled. "Oh, that reminds me what should I make you eat? I know you're probably not hungry but it would be good to get something in you", she asked thoughtfully.

"maybe some miso soup without too much flavor, or white rice? or some leek soup?". Shigure laughed lightly before standing up and ruffling the girl's hair.

"Don't push yourself too hard, we don't want you getting sick too", Tohru nodded as he exited the bathroom.