viii.

february 18th, 2021

-✰-

"CELIA, WAKE UP." finn's whisper had woken celia up. they were still in the car, but they were in the air bnb's driveway. her hands went up to her face, and she rubbed her eyes until they opened.

"shhh, i'm awake. what time is it?"

"it's seven. wyatt just left to get erin at the airport." she was definitely awake now. celia shot up in her seat and her eyes landed on finn, whose eyes were wide with concern. she started fidgeting, which caused finn to panic and try to calm her down, which was by grabbing her wrist.

"are you okay, cee?" he asked, his gaze only on his hand, which was loosely clasped around her wrist. she stopped squirming and froze, her eyes dropping down to her wrist. finn noticed and let go quickly, the same hand that was once around her wrist was now at the back of his neck scratching it.

"uh, yeah. yeah, i am. let's go inside." celia climbed over the middle row and hopped out of the car. she left the door open for finn, who had struggled to get his legs over the seat. the two, with their robes bunched up in their fists, headed inside.

it was almost silent inside. sophia, jaeden, and chosen were cleaning up the first floor for erin's arrival and jack was nowhere to be found. 'probably back in his room, talking to his fucking mom again.' celia thought, but shook the thought away before she started overthinking it.

finn and celia silently joined the trio who were cleaning, quietly talking among themselves. the vibe in the house was off. nothing weird had happened at universal, it was all fine and dandy. had something happened in the car while finn and celia were asleep?

an hour or so later, celia's ears perked up at the sound of a car locking. she set the teal colored rag down on the kitchen counter and ran outside. erin was standing in the driveway, her arms already wide open. celia practically collapsed in them, and the two laughed in relief.

"you are amazing." erin mumbled as she pulled away from the hug. her hands rested on celia's shoulders before she pulled her back in. celia's head rested on erin's shoulder, the two rocking back and forth.

the hugs celia got from the cast days before weren't like this, they were rushed. it wasn't their fault, though, because celia was too anxious to function that day. later that night, she made up for the missed hug time and hugged each person in the house for a few minutes long.

eventually, the two girls pulled away from the hug to see wyatt, who was bringing in erin's bags. "dude! i was gonna bring them in!" erin groaned before she ran over to the trunk to carry the rest of the stuff in.

"i'm your boyfriend, that's my job!"

"your job is to play animal crossing with me, dickhead. i can carry my own shit in." erin retaliated, before the couple burst out laughing.

'see,' she thought, 'they're happy. they haven't seen in other in months and they're still acting normal.' she mentally pictured a middle finger before dismissing the thought away.