Chapter 3 - Guitar Chords

"Hm? Come for a visit?" Okizari turns at the figure at the door.

"I wanna hear you sing Zari-chan!" Tsukasa launches himself at the woman. He dangles off of her as she wipes the piano keys. 

Her 5 pm lessons had just ended. Tsukasa came at random times of the evening on random days of the week. She pats the boy on the head and shakes her head.

"Later..."

"Can you join us at the broadcast room then?" Tsukasa floats in front of her and she blinks.

"...sure..." Tsukasa cheers and leaves the woman to her cleaning. She cleans the items up and closes her piano when another visitor comes in.

"Okizari..." the male trails. The woman snaps her head back and her eyes widen in fear.

"no... I'm sorry... please..." the woman's eyes tear up and the male pushes his hair back.

"I'm...not here to harm you," the male sighs. "Your rumor changed right?"

"..." the woman nods meekly.

"I want you to turn in your yorishiro," the woman's eyes widen in fear. 

"Just... just because you turned yours in...?" she regains her voice and the male raises a brow.

"No, I just don't like having a seal on my chest," the male stares at his chest and the woman sighs.

"You... agreed to keep it safe for me..." her eyes turn glossy. "...so no."

The male takes a look at the woman. She looked so much frailer than last time. Her lips are still the same shade as before and her rope marks are still engraved onto her neck. Her eyes are the same dullness as before and it seemed she was getting worse.

"Well, keep an eye out for that priest girl," the male pulls out his pipe and smokes. "It would be a shame if I were to tell her,"

"Ah," she feels amusement creeping up her back. "threatening me I see? I don't believe you're in a position to do so? After all..."

The woman pulls a spear out of thin air. "You of all people should know how bloody I get... not to mention how we're currently in my domain..."

"But you wouldn't lay a hand on me," the male smirks. "You never have,"

The woman twirls the spear around her hand and sighs. "You're right... but only because I have a friend to entertain later,"

She exits the room and shuts the door behind her. It wasn't like he visited her often, yet she still lived in fear over her past. The things that she had to suffer through because of him... still, she doesn't fail to shudder at the past. 

"I'm here," She smiles. 

"Zari-chan!" Tsukasa crashes into her and she stumbles. 

"Tsukasa..." she nods at the other three. "Sakura, Natsuhiko, Mitsuba..."

"Okizari-san," Sakura nods.

"What... song?"

"I want something lively!" Tsukasa cheers.

"I wanted something slow today," Natsuhiko mumbles.

"... can we sing something less vibrant?" Sakura notes. Okizari pulls out her guitar and blinks at Mitsuba.

"...Mitsuba...?"

"A-ah... uh... something soft...- I MEAN CHEERFUL-" Tsukasa glares at him and Okizari smacks the spirit with her guitar.

"A-OW!" Tsukasa cries. "Zari-chan!!"

"Stop glaring at people..." She tunes her guitar and the handful settle on a sad song. The night arrives and soon the two humans leave school grounds.