Chapter 11 - Obon

The blood of a supernatural stains the floor. Okizari doesn't flinch when it gets on her face or legs. Instead, she twists her trident into their heart and takes a bite when she pulls it out.

"Bleck," She sticks her tongue out and walks off, finishing the rest of the meal.

"Eating every heart of a supernatural isn't necessary you know?" Number six raises a brow.

"If I don't, then you'll just revive them," Okizari shrugs. "I aim to kill, you aim to finish Obon,"

"Are you not scared of number seven?"

"What's he gonna do? End my life?" Okizari shrugs. The two wander down the halls to the sight of another supernatural and two kids. Number six moves faster and grabs the spirit by the face.

"Honorable number six... forgive me... I did not know..." He breaks the spirit's head into pieces and Okizari catches the children.

"Ah, Yashiro-chan, Number one," Okizari sets the two children down and Number Six turns to face them.

"...dinner,"

"Number six no-" Okizari sticks her trident in front of the two. "You're not killing number seven's girlfriend and number one,"

"..." Number six opens his mouth to speak before another voice cuts through.

"Nene-chan!" It's Mizuki and Aoi. Okizari's eyes harden and number six smiles.

"Now that's dinner-"

"Number six I sWEAR-" Okizari hits him before he grabs either of the Akane kids. "We've been over this,"

"... We need to end Obon,"

"Yeah and we can just do that by killing supernaturals," Okizari hisses.

"A sacrifice is quicker," Number six's hand reaches for her staff and he furrows his brows when it doesn't break.

"Bold of you to assume Chimei's things break from your touch number six," The two fight it out before he catches onto Aoi. Akane, who had been lying on the floor from pain, hits his watch and time stops. Okizari grabs the two children and drags them back to the main room. Time resumes and Akane delivers a kick at number six.

"... where did they go," Okizari grins and tosses something at him.

"Our sacrifice," Number six stares at the item in his hand before he sighs.

"That'll take awhile to regain again Okizari-san," Number six disappears, and Okizari sighs in relief.

"What... did you give him?" Yashiro asks. Akane clicks his tongue in annoyance and grabs his glasses.

"Probably some rare item,"

"Actually," Okizari smiles. "I have him a sacrifice,"

"But he said it would take a while to regain...?"

"Oh? Nothing too important then," Okizari smiles. "You two get back to camp, the seven of them will deal with it."

"..."

"Do not wander off again you hear me?" Okizari smiles with a warning.

"Why-"

"Today's Urabon," Akane speaks. "Right?"

"Correct!" Okizari smiles. "You two get back into the room with your lanterns. I'll be killing supernaturals so I advise you to stay in the room if you don't wanna watch me do that,"

She escorts the two children back into the room and looks out the window. It was dark enough. She pulls her spear out and it changes into a scythe. The rest of the evening passes and Okizari kills more than enough supernaturals. It's 12am flat when she feels herself spitting out blood.

The woman hides in a crevice before coughing out tons of blood. Her lifespan was being sacrificed again. She only hoped the supernaturals she killed tonight would be enough to seal off the entrances again. Her breathing grows ragged and she feels lightheaded. She passes out seconds later.

Number two finds her first. Yako transforms into a human and manages to drag her to a safer area. She rests on a makeshift bed as Yako hops off to find Number five.

"What do you want?"

"Number zero's passed out in one of the classrooms right now. She's losing blood fast-," Yako doesn't get to finish her sentence before Tsuchigomori is rushing out the room to the room. When he makes it to the room, the bed is empty.

Okizari wakes up, head dizzy and heartless. She stares at herself through the mirror and then gets off the bed. She needed to get to number six's boundary to collect her heart before the severance. She runs through the halls as she watches supernatural after supernatural shatter into pieces slowly. She doesn't bother healing herself from her blood loss, and she runs into the elevator.

The whirling of the elevator sounds eerie to Okizari as she presses the buttons in order. Urabon was coming to a close quickly and she needed her heart back even if it meant being locked in number six's boundary. The elevator isn't fast enough and she feels herself breaking into shards. She reaches the room, and barely makes it in. Her body stays in shards as number six hands her the heart. It's in the same form as before.

"I don't need it," Number six helps her put it back in place and Okizari shakes.

"W-who-"

"The two girls." Number six doesn't meet her eyes. "Both of them fell down the..."

"THEY WHAT?!" Okizari feels her ribbons crawl up her back and wrap around Number six.

"They..."

"You sacrificed them so that I would still have a lifespan," Okizari scowls. "Number six are you INSANE?!"

He looks away and the boundary door behind them opens. Number seven, five, and two walk in.

"Urabon..." Hanako stares at Okizari's ribbons around Number six's neck. "... they passed, didn't they..."

Okizari glares at Hanako. Hanako tackles the woman to the ground and she changes her ribbons to lift Hanako off of her. She burns his skin lightly as she pushes him off.

"Killing him isn't going to give you anything,"

"It'll give me the satisfaction of seeing someone die," Okizari clicks her tongue playfully.

"Okizari..." The woman leaves the room.

The school is gone, and the boundaries are all sealed. It's a literal war down in the far shore. The spirits are fighting each other and Okizari has to fend off the ones trying to steal her heart. A living item in a world of supernaturals was impossible for starters. She should have killed it when she had the chance.