CHAPTER 4: Unravelling The Past Part 2

As the scene shifted, the 3 kids found themselves walking around the town and getting amazed from time to time when they stumbled on something new, but they maintained their disguise and had concealed their chakra signature, making it extremely difficult for any average shinobi to detect their presence. The 3 kept on walking when suddenly they caught a glimpse of a similar yet different figure. This man with silver hair seemed old, probably in his late 40's they thought. He wasn't alone either, he was walking alongside a man on a wheelchair. The man looked oddly similar to one of their classmates back home. The 3 were convinced that those 2 were none other than the older versions of kakashi and Gai.
The 3 decided to keep their distance and started following them, hoping that they don't get detected.

Back with minato and jiraiya, they finally made it to the konoha library. The kept on their disguise and started looking for any leads. However they couldn't find anything worth their time. They were just about to call it quits when, jiraiya's eyes stumbled upon the restricted zone. He pointed it out to minato and a wide evil grin appeared on both of their faces. They approached the restricted zone but were cut short by two CHUNINS. The chunins demanded what they were looking for and who they were exactly. The 2 stayed silent thinking about a suitable response when suddenly one of the chunins sensed that they weren't any ordinary civilians and were masking their chakra by the transformation jutsu. The chunin made some signs as to warn his other colleague and they both took a attacking stance.

Jiraiya : (sighs) oh boy, take it easy. We don't want to cause any troubles. I assure you, that we mean no harm.

Chunin A: why should we trust you?

Jiraiya : Well, you see.... Ah, you see, it's because,.. Ah.... Do it, now.

Minato : right.

With those words the 2 grabbed one chunin each and knocked them unconscious. Both of them dragged their respective chunins and entered inside the restricted vault.

Jiraiya : that was easy enough... I must say they were too reckless by just appointing two chunins to guard over so much Intel (Jiraiya pointed towards dozens of books and valuable documents that were inside the vault)

Minato : true, however it actually worked in our favour, this time.

Jiraiya (laughs) : yeah, I guess you are right about that.

The two began looking at things and going over each and every book carefully.

Jiraiya found a book about the numerous exploits of all previous hokages and he thought to himself that it would probably be best to learn more about the hokages considering that his student was one in this timeline.
This book covered almost everything about the hokages, from the days of their youth to the days of their death. Everything was in it. The book was titled "𝗞𝗢𝗡𝗢𝗛𝗔'𝗦 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗧 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗞𝗔𝗚𝗘𝗦"

While searching further, minato stumbled upon a goldmine - he found a book titled "𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗢𝗕𝗜 𝗛𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬- 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗦".
Minato took that book and called for master jiraiya. The two sat around a small table within the library vault and placed the two books together.

Both of them stood silent for a while trying to mentally prepare themselves for the worst.
The two took some deep breathes and opened the first book about the great ninja wars.
To their surprise they found out that the 3rd great ninja war ended a long time ago, but what was even more surprising for them was the fact that their shinobi world went through yet another war after the conclusion of the 3rd war. Yes, they learnt about the 4th great ninja war.

They began reading about the 4th war. And were quite surprised to find that this war was quite different than any other.
In this war, all the great nations joined forces to fight against a common threat - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗞𝗔𝗧𝗦𝗨𝗞𝗜, which was a group of highly skilled S Class Rogue shinobi's. They learnt about 𝗠𝗔𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗔 𝗨𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗛𝗔 getting revived for this war and also about a very detailed explanation and background about each and every AKATSUKI member. There were 3 members from the AKATSUKI rooster that shook them the most.

Minato : about this 𝗭𝗘𝗧𝗦𝗨 guy, seems he wasn't human and it looks like he manipulated Madara while secretly working for this 𝗞𝗔𝗚𝗨𝗬𝗔 𝗢𝗧𝗦𝗨𝗧𝗦𝗨𝗞𝗜.

Jiraiya : yeah, so it seems.
Just then jiraiya's eyes drifted to itachi's name.

Jiraiya : wait, isn't that 𝗙𝗨𝗚𝗔𝗞𝗨'𝗦 𝗦𝗢𝗡, 𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗖𝗛𝗜. Did he really joined the AKATSUKI? Did he really betrayed the leaf? Minato have a look at this.(no reply came from minato however)

Minato... Minato... What's gotten into you Minato, why aren't you saying anything, said a concerned Jiraiya as he looked at his student. To his surprise, he saw his students face turned pale. He had never seen Minato like that. What happened, he enquired, but got no answers back from his student. Finally Minato lifted his finger and pointed it towards one of the names inscribed on the book. Jiraiya's mouth dropped as soon as he saw that name. He couldn't find words, it was as if he was a toddler again who couldn't make proper words and kept on making/muttering weird sounds of disbelief.
Yes the two had stumbled upon a name they knew vey well. It was none other than Minato's own pupil, 𝗢𝗕𝗜𝗧𝗢 𝗨𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗛𝗔.

Minato : no, t... th... this can't be. I... Um... I don't believe this. How could this happen? Didn't Obito wanted to be hokage?
He kept on asking these questions while stammering. He couldn't find the appropriate words.
What could have gone wrong? I... I... I have so many questions... (minato started Raging out and one could see his eyes getting all watery)

Jiraiya : Camn down Minato. We still don't know the details, let's try to figure this out first.

They started reading more and more into Obito's profile. They learnt about Obito's supposed death during the KANABI BRIDGE MISSION and how he had gifted the sharingan to his teammate and friend - Kakashi (the future 6th hokage).
They learnt about his ties with Madara and his reason for deflecting from his ideals. They learnt that it had a lot to do with RIN'S death during the 3rd war by the hands of Kakashi. They learnt about the calamity that had befallen upon Team Minato. They learnt about Obito and his past, about kakashi and how he gained a sharingan and also about his involvement in Rin's death, and finally about the events that lead to Rin's death, including her been made the 3 tails Jinchiruki.

At this point Minato started crying like a little baby, and kept on repeating these words, "I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY EVERYONE. I COULDN'T PROTECT YOU. I'M A FAILURE AS A SENSEI. I'M SORRY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME".

It was jiraiya who had the responsibility to calm him down. He placed a gentle hand on the weeping man's shoulders and attempted to console him. "look Minato, now that we know all this, we can save your team from meeting the same calamity as the one mentioned in this book, try to look at it this way" said an old man with a harsh but affectionate voice.

They kept on reading and learnt about Minato's son and how he was orphaned on the very day of his birth. Again the event had ties with obito and the nine tails. They learnt that Minato the fourth hokage died on this day after sealing the nine tails inside of his own son, 𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗨𝗧𝗢 𝗨𝗭𝗨𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗜 - the future 7th hokage.

Finally they somehow managed reading through the entire book and learnt a great deal about the 4th war, including the HEROIC EFFORTS OF TEAM KAKASHI - ESPECIALLY NARUTO (WHO HAD BEFRIENDED KURAMA - THE NINE TAILS) AND SASUKE UCHIHA (THE LAST SURVIVING PURE UCHIHA WITH A RINNEGAN).

the two men took a deep breath and finally closed the first book. Now their attention shifted towards the other book, about the hokages. Minato was curious to learn more about his team and his son and so was jiraiya.

(sorry guys, I haven't uploaded any parts for this story in a while, it's because I had lost the motivation to keep on writing. I already have the entire story planned out and I hope that, I won't lose the drive to write again. And yeah, hope you guys enjoy this chapter, peace out).