CHAPTER 2: Welcome To The Future

Present time (kakashi recently stepped down as hokage and naruto took charge)

It's morning hours around 10:00 am, and everything seems pretty normal, like any other day. The winds blowing slowly and steadily. The kids are playing and running, some of them are jumping from one roof to the other. It's a sunny day, a day fit to go out on a picnic and the leaf village seems as lively as ever. People are gossiping and talking about their everyday lives....

In a distance a voice is heard, " my dear rival, it's time to continue on our challenges" said a man on a wheelchair, he seemed to be in his 40's and injured but his face was lit up with happiness and renewal.

"we just had a competition yesterday, Gai. Don't you think we should do something else today and forget about our rivalry for today. Also the weather today is so great. We really should just sit back and relax, don't you think so" replied another man in his 40's. He seemed physically fit and strong, wearing a jounin outfit with words "the 6th hokage" enscriped on the back.

Gai : oh come on Kakashi, we are not that old. Don't forget the power of youth is always on our side as long as we ourselves don't admit that we have gotten old.

Kakashi : OK, OK I get it. You want to challenge me, huh.
Then so be it. I'm in.
Anyways it's my turn to name a challenge, isn't it?

Gai : yeah, it is

Kakashi : then why don't we have an eating contest. Let's go to ichiraku's and compete there.

"come on, kakashi. Isn't there anything better to do then an eating contest" said Gai in a low disappointed tone.

"a challenge is a challenge and it's my turn to name one, so there you have it, I'm challenging you to have an eating contest with me . You have to agree or I'll take the W by default"

" never, I never back down from a challenge" exclaimed Gai in a very loud and cheerful manner, "alright then, I accept the challenge, kakashi"

The two headed towards the ichiraku ramen shop. On the way, they meet up with some old acquaintance and some civilians. They talked a bit and exchanged greetings, then they finally arrived at their destination, where a fierce competition between the two rivals was about to begin - the all famous ichiraku ramen shop.

The door opens and 2 people walk in.

Teuchi (ramen guy) : welcome to the shop.

Kakashi : hi there. Long time no see.

Teuchi : lord kakashi, it sure has been a while.

Kakashi : how many times do I have to say this, but oh well. Saying it once more won't hurt me or anything. Can you drop the lord please.

Teuchi : but that's not...

Kakashi cutted his sentence short
" I'm not the hokage anymore, naruto is. Call me simply by my name"

Teuchi : if you say so. So what can I get you lor...kakashi San and Gai San.

Kakashi : a table for two people please. Gai and I are having an eating contest today.

Gai : yea, today's the day I'll beat you in this eating contest. Bring us some bowls of ramen and something to drink as well.

Kakashi : we'll see about that, Gai.

And the two walked over to one of the table's in the corner and sat down....

After 5 minutes

"there you go. Enjoy the meal!!!" said Ayame as she brought some food for the 2 awaiting customers.