Chapter 61 - Perplexing News

Donte's POV

Shante didn't seem all that bad when we were in the elevator going down, but I'm sure Cassandra would check her out to make sure she was fine.

Once the doors opened, my jaws completely dropped.

"Donte?" Cassandra questioned, "Just where in the heck were you?"

"Romaine?" I questioned

"Yes but, no." he answered, "I get that a lot around here."

"Yeah, I'm lost."

"And you, young man," Cas said, "have a lot of explaining to do."

"Yeah and you need to explain why Romaine looks like that; and also why he has that weird accent."

"And what happened to your sister?" Romaine asked

"I don't really know; I just woke up and went to save her."

"We're going to need more details than that." Cas said. "And I need to check your vitals."

"I don't know what else to tell you."

"Well maybe tell us how~" Cas got weirdly interrupted by the elevator opening again

"Romaine?" I questioned again with my jaws dropped low, "And some other dude?"

"What the bloody hell's going on here?" the first Romaine questioned

"He encountered Zero, I think I got there in time." answered the other guy

"And just who are you?" Cassandra questioned

"Come on Cas," he said, taking off his cowl, "You really don't recognize me?"

"I.. Romaine?.."

"Three Romaines?" I screamed in confusion

The third Romaine looked much more like an adult.

"I repeat," said the first Romaine, "what in the bloody hell is going on here?"

"Look we can all sort this out later." said the third Romaine, "But right now we have to take care of him; he's dying."

"You're right." Cassandra agreed, "Help me take him over to the medical room."

All of us helped to pick up Romaine #2  and did just as Cassandra had instructed.

~~~~~~~

We all had to wait until Romaine #2 woke up to get answers from #3.

When he finally did then at that point we were more interested in #3's story than how #2 was doing.

"He's finally conscious." Cas told us, "His vitals look stable; he'll be fine."

"Awesome, now who the heck are you?"  I asked #3

"What's going on here?" #2 questioned when he saw #3

"Yes, now's the time you explain yourself." said #1

"Well," started #3, "I'm Romaine, from the future."

"Well that could've been deduced." Cassandra told him, "But from how far into the future?"

"Around 4 years." he answered

"So you're like 20?" #2 questioned

"Yeah."

"Well what's the future like?" I asked him

"Everything's so different, but I really can't tell you any of it."