Chapter Six: The punishment

Kim groaned as the blood was drained.

Laito reopened one of many wounds Subaru left on her neck, puncturing the delicate skin with his fangs. He kept smiling as he sucked; watching Yuzu's distressed expression was all he could wish for a perfect stimulation.

Yuzu wanted to intervene, but someone went ahead of her.

Due to the sewers connected to the manor, Subaru appeared quickly on the spot attracted by her blood scent. And without loss of time, he violently pushed Laito away from Kim.

This shove caused the wound to open wider and the blood to gush as if a blade just cut her. Kim immediately raised one hand to her neck, trying to keep as much blood as possible.

"Ouch... you hurt me, Subaru." Laito complained, grinning as the vampire cornered him against the wall.

"What did I tell you about touching my prey, ah?!" the youngest roared in a murderous pitch.

"Ah... that you would destroy the entire manor?" his brother remembered carefree. "Although that doesn't matter to me."

"Asshole!"

When Subaru was about to punch Laito, Reiji arrived.

"Subaru, Laito." He called, glaring at them. "What are you doing? Stop immediately."

"Piss off, Reiji!" Subaru yelled. "I'll give this bastard what he deserves!"

"Are you going to repeat the same act as with Ayato? Would you explain to me what sense makes fighting over a woman?"

"She's not just any woman! She's MY food!"

Subaru looked completely out of control. Kim noticed he was even angrier than the time Ayato tried to bit her. Why was he reacting like that? She was only a piece of meat... a replaceable one, right? Out of breath, Kim knelt before the vampires with her neck bleeding out.

Yuzu rushed to her side upon seeing her in this state.

"That is irrelevant." Reiji continued indifferently. "I'd like to know how you plan to punish these humans for escaping."

"I'll destroy her!" Subaru exclaimed.

"Hum, my pet's punishment is something I will enjoy very much but... Are you sure you want to know, Reiji?" Laito replied mischievously.

Reiji let out an exasperated sigh.

"Useless pair, I'll be the one who shows some discipline to these women." he announced as he adjusted the glasses over his nose.

"With whose permission?!" Subaru protested.

"Can you stop fighting?" Yuzu intervened "Kim is bleeding out!"

The vampires turned to see them, being Subaru the first to react.

"Kim!" he came to her side, leaving his discussion with Reiji in the background.

Kim weakly opened her eyes when the albino approached, she could tell that he worried about her by his countenance. "Why? You shouldn't care at all, you're supposed to kill me..." She wondered, full of contradictions.

"Licking her won't be enough. Step aside." Reiji ordered at the second Subaru pretended to heal Kim with his saliva. "I am the most indicated to treat such a delicate wound."

"Tsk..." Subaru turned to him suspiciously. "Reiji, if you do anything to her, I..."

"All I'll do is help her and take her to the dungeon." the eldest interrupted him. "You will come too, of course." he added, addressing Yuzu. She just focused her attention on Kim.