Chapter One: Kim

Regaining consciousness, she felt the tip of a tongue rolling along her neck, making her feel body sensations she wasn't aware she could experience.
She was so stunned that a soft moan escaped from her lips, inciting the predator's famine, who with his fangs, punctured the delicate, porcelain skin, bringing her back to reality.
"Ah, it hurts!" she complained. "Get off!"

The continuous slaps in Subaru's head were enough for him to get rid of his prey, but the blood remained in the corner of his mouth.

"Shut the hell up! You're so noisy!" he shouted, trying to bite her again.

The brunette used her hands to block him, so he couldn't get close for another snack.

"Somebody please help me!" she begged at the same time she attempted to flee from the coffin they were in.

But he wouldn't let her go, and with a strong movement, Subaru forced her to stay inside.
"Is this how you pay me back after I saved your life?!"

"Ah? Saving my life?" Just then, she stopped to stare at him. The memories of their past encounter hit her like a train. "Ah! You are that guy! So, then, why are you hurting me?" she asked, while touching the bleeding marks in her neck.

Subaru growled.

"Let's see, you little moron. I'm a vampire, that's why I have to drink blood." He unwillingly explained, staying upon her; his ruby eyes, cold and penetrating, were attentive to each movement. "I've taken care of your wounds for three days, the least you can do to repay my services is letting me take your blood whenever I need it."

"A v... vampire...?" she couldn't believe what the lad in front of her eyes just said. "Do you mean those bloodsucking monsters? You are one of them?"

The questions came out in a barrage. In the meantime, she contemplated him thoroughly; his appearance was atypical: his alabaster skin, the perfect white strands of his hair, and the fangs protruding from his mouth. The simple idea of mistaking him for an ordinary human suddenly became a ridiculous thought in comparison. In the boy's countenance, as mysterious as beautiful, she could see that it was the absolute truth.

Around them, she noticed a very luxurious decor and tapestry on the walls. It had to be the interior of the mansion she saw before passing out.

At that moment, Subaru got closer to her all over again.

"Wait, a sec!" the girl covered her neck. "I'm still not convinced by a stranger sucking blood near my throat!"

"I'll take your blood, whether you like it or not," he threatened. "Or perhaps, die..."

These words made her nerves paralyze, confined by this guy who she had conceived as a kind one, deep down hoping that the entire biting thing was a misunderstanding or even a prank born out of bad taste. But her reality had been reduced to... this.

"What if he kills me? What if he never stops?" she thought, with no options left but to give in and trust.

The girl's hands relaxed, allowing the vampire to grab her wrists and bite. This time, the pain was so sharp and throbbing, mixed with tickling because of the vampire attached to her neck, and it wasn't until after a few minutes later that he stopped. From his lips, blood drops slided, staining his chin.