Double Trouble

Monday had come. You woke up to a sunny morning. You got cleaned up and dressed. You then looked at yourself in the mirror with a proud smile. It was official; today was your first day. You grabbed your hat and headed out. On your way, you heard your name.
"Hey Y/n!", a voice called out.
You turned into the kitchen to see Percy.
"Oh, hey again, Percy!", you said. "What are you up to this morning?"
"I'm getting some breakfast before I head out to deliver some mail."
"Oh, I see."
He had on a mail bag and a green/ yellow uniform, contrasting his light pale skin. His scruffy light blonde hair peeked from underneath his hat.
"Yeah. They provided us with muffins this morning. Want one?"
Percy handed you a blueberry muffin that you took.
"Aw, thank you, Percy. That's very kind of you."
Percy smiled, his little freckles nearing his eyes. "No problem!"
"Sorry I can't eat it here, Percy. I have to head out and report to my first job of the day."
"Ok then. See you later!"
"See ya, Percy!"
You made your way over to the shunting yard whist eating on your muffin. There, you saw Sir Topham Hatt waiting on you. After he greeted you, he showcased what exactly it was you had to do. It was pretty simple. Just make sure the trucks and coaches were on the correct tracks for the others to pick up and take away. Thankfully, you didn't have to use a locomotive as someone else did that for you. Your only task was observe the order for proper arrangement. You ended up doing that until the afternoon when you switched to conductor duty. There, you had a flag and whistle. You stood on the platform, waiting for trains to either come or go. Again, nothing to challenging. The blue sky shone as white clouds fluttered by. Then, a loud whistle came. You looked over to see a blue GNR Class A1 Pacific train pulling in with coaches. It blew its whistle once more.
"Express engine coming through!", its driver boomed proudly.
The passengers walked abroad. You walked over to the cab of the train to see it was Gordon.
"Could you, maybe not be so 'loud and proud'?", you said, still upset about how your first meeting went.
Gordon laughed, his sturdy, yet muscular body turning towards you.
"Huh, why wouldn't I? I'm an express engine, that's what I do~", his blue eyes meeting yours. You rolled your eyes then looked to make sure everyone was in. The porter closed the last door.
"You're free to go", you said before blowing your whistle.
Gordon blew his.
"Here we go!", he said pulling off, his black, neatly done hair fluttering in the wind under his hat. He disappeared into the distant.

Some time passed before another train came through. This time it was a red L&YR Class 28 locomotive. It was coming in much too fast. It then slammed its breaks and whistled.
"Here's James!", the driver—James said.
The passengers got out, looking upset and irritated.
"Not you too", you said walking over to his cab.
James looked at you with his brown eyes among a smug smile.
"I'm only the most splendid driver on the island. I need to make an entrance!"
You doubted that.
"Right...", you said.
James huffed at that. His black, soft curled hair blew in the wind a bit that brushed along his red uniform that, much like Gordon, matched his train.
"Well, I am the most splendid. I'll show you!" With that, he blew his whistle and rolled out. You should've known that the day you meet Gordon and James that they'd be nothing but trouble—double trouble.