Chapter two

Lady Genta turned abruptly and stomped back into the classroom. I then turned the boy who she called Keefe and said," Thanks."
"For what?" He had a crooked smirk on his face that made me smile.
"Uh, you know, lying for me," I stuttered. Why did I have to be so awkward? I wasn't normally so flustered like this. What was it about him?
"Oh, that? I wasn't doing that for you. I just wanted to take all the glory for that epic prank."
"It wasn't that epic. All I did was fog up her glasses."
He looked at me for a second then suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hall.
"Hey!" I laughed, " where are we going?"
"My favorite ditching spot," he stopped suddenly and I almost ran into him. "That is, if you can keep a secret."
"Of course"
"Good enough for me. Come on! We're almost there!" He said, pulling me again.
We finally arrived at the spot.
The ditching spot's whereabouts as well as the description has been deducted as not everyone can keep a secret🤨
"Here we are." He announced, leaning against a tree.
"So, why exactly did you bring me here?" I inquired.
"Isn't it obvious? I know you did that prank on lady Genta, as you already know, and honestly, it was genius. I do pranks like putting reekrod in teachers desks, but you really got under her skin. I think that, prankster to slightly more experienced prankster," he said motioning to himself, " we should share some words of wisdom."
"Look, first of all I'm not really a prankster, I'm more of a, uh, I don't know actually, but not a prankster." I start.
"Got it. Totally not a prankster. Wow, we're really saying the word prankster a lot, aren't we? It's starting to sound funny..."
"Second, I barely know you."
"Well, we can change that."
"Third, what kinds of 'words of wisdom' do you mean?"
His grin faltered for a second. " Let's see, how about you tell me how you pulled that off? Are you a technopath or something?"
I smiled timidly. "Actually, yes."
"Cool! But how did you rig her glasses?"
"I just snuck in before class. It was pretty easy."
"We should team up! We would be unstoppable! Team, uh- what's your name again?"
I laughed," you don't even know my name and your already making a team?"
He shrugged." Pretty much."
"Ok then. I'm y/n. Y/n uh-" I said as I struggled to come up with a last name in my head. There was no way he would recognize my real last name, but I wasn't taking any chances.
"Bansec."
"Y/n Bansec, huh?" He took my hand and I thought he was going to shake it, but instead lifted it up slightly and kissed my knuckles.
I quickly whipped my hand away and lightly hit him in the shoulder with the back of my hand, murmuring, "Stop that."
He laughed, which made me smile.
"So," I started, trying not think about what just happened, "what's your ability?"
"Empath." He stated.
At that moment my anxiety spiked. Empath!? He could sense my emotions, which meant he knew what I was feeling the entire time he was dragging my down the hall, and ... aw crap. He knew what I was feeling when he kissed my hand. I don't even know what I was feeling then!
I had been silently staring at the ground, wide eyed. He definitely noticed.
"I know. My awesomeness can be overwhelming at times." He said, and winked.
And my heart went yo you wanna see some real speed bi-
"Hey, I got prattles! Want some?" He said, pulling out a prattles box.
I couldn't really get any words out, so I just nodded.
We spent the next two or so would have been classes at his ditching spot, at which point we heard someone walking nearby and tried to sneak away. Unfortunately, we got caught. By a giant, deadly, and very angry ogre.