Chapter eleven

At that moment, my mind exploded with a thousand different thoughts. It was a mixture of hell yes bois and what in the actual fu- and what does he mean 'just think about this'? Like yeah no shit how am I supposed to think about anything else ever again?

However that moment lasted only a few seconds, then he pulled away and said, "It's about to start. We have to go."

I just stood there, unable to move. I squeaked, "mhm." And he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the building.

The tribunal passed by in a blur. Being in the tribunal hall gave me flashbacks to the last time I was there, when I was banished from the lost cities. It made the experience ten times worse. I never glanced even once at my mother, because I knew if I did and saw the hatred in those eyes, I would get far to emotional. When I spoke, I focused of Keefe and his flirtatious smirk. There would be moments when we would make eye contact, but I would blush and look away, remembering the kiss.

Finally, the council decided to put my mother on house arrest.

An
I don't think house arrest exists in the lost cities but we're just gonna ignore that...

Then came the matter of where I would stay. I obviously couldn't live at my house anymore, and I honestly didn't have or know of any relatives that I could stay with.

"Miss Bansec. Do you have any preference to where you would like to stay?" Councilor Emery asked me. I shook my head.

There was a moment of silence when a voice spoke out from the crowd.

"She can stay with me," Keefe declared, "Us." He corrected, motioning to his father and himself.

Emery looked confused. " Excuse me?"

"I mean, we have like, a thousand empty rooms in our house." He said, blushing.

Cassius, to my surprise, nodded. "I believe we can care for her. Until she can find a permanent residence, that is."

There was a few moments of silence as the council communicated telepathically. Then Emery slightly nodded and declared, "Very well. Miss Bansec shall stay with you temporarily, until we find a living situation better suited for her. This tribunal is ended."