Part : 11 - Melancholy

Cinnabar, she was the only one in my mind when I got back. She truly loved all of the gems, so much that she no longer cared about herself. Phos looked so sad. He was not even cheerful now. I was not myself the entire day either, I wanted to do something for the two of them. So first, I decided to cheer Phos up. Then, if it was really true that the lunarians do not hunt at night, I will go visit Cinnabar.
I, still worried, grabbed my walking sticks and left off to see Phos. I went outside the gate of the room, after walking a few steps, near a window, I spotted Phos. My heart sank. That charming, happy face was now like a rotten winter frost flower. I felt like cheering him up, just like he always did. So I stepped on to greet him. "Hi Phos..." I said. He quickly turned to me and greeted me with a smile. Such control he had over his feelings, he knew that I needed a happy environment to grow cozy and comfortable with them. "I just came to check on you. You seemed so... Down since yesterday... So..." I spoke up. "No please don't worry about me!! I am fine and so is Cinnabar!!" he said with a cheerful smile. But I know he forced it on. "I see..." I was starting to feel useless...always being to one who got protected. "Say Tanzenite!" Spoke up Phos. "Yes?" I replied as quickly as I could. "Do you know... I promised Cinnabar that I'd find a job that only she can do. And I think I know what it is." he said. "That is so good! So what is it?" I asked. "She will make an excellent professor!!" he said with a smile a truly kind smile. You know.. The one you get when you think about your loved ones? Exactly that. The most beautiful smile of them all. According to me. "How so?" I asked.
"Cinnabar is one of the most intelligent gem of us all."
"I see..."
"She is smart, she knows a lot about the natural world."
"That's awesome!"
"Right!? Look here, my encyclopedia, all that information is hers, I only get the credit for the bad handwriting!"
I took the encyclopedia and started flipping through the pages. All that information was so well defined. All that was wonderful almost like a writer of science. I really felt the need to go visit her and encourage her.
Phos and me chatted for about half an hour, then I left waving him good bye. I left, now I was only waiting for night time. I wanted to see Cinnabar, so I decided to spend the day somehow. I helped Diamond with the laundry, helped Lexi with some paperwork and Bort played a board game with me.

*Time skip, brought to you by one hell of a butler.*

Its already night time. I wonder how I can escape, without Rutile noticing me. I had to be extra cautious of making any noises. As I walked towards the cape, listening to the crickets flipping through the grasslands, among the bright moonlit surroundings, I saw her. Cinnabar. She stood there, a vulnerable beauty, stripped off of her wings. "You should not be out here by yourself." She said, then looking at my wounds, she frowned, "Not in your condition..." she pointed at the bandages around my waist. Blood was peeping out of them. "Uh... Please don't worry about me Cinnabar, I will be perfectly fine." I said with my most appealing smile.

<Flash back>
"Rutile, I have something to tell you. It appears that I have regained some parts of my memory." he turned around and walked towards me as I finished speaking those words. "Tell me all about it." He said. I told him all about the incidents that happened in that spacecraft and that the lunarians attacked us. "It appears that I can shape and reshape my blood by will." I said. He looked a bit worried. "Is that so, then do you think you can do it now?" He proposed. I nodded and focused on my wound. I soon felt a flow of blood throughout and shaped some of my blood into a little cube. "As I thought... You have control over your cells." said Rutile.
"My cells? "
"yes, you are able to order your cells to individually perform some specific actions this maybe the reason why you were able to stay alive despite such great atmospheric pressure."
"My blood, is special?"
" No... Rather, it appears to be cursed... With an ability, which allows you direct control over your blood cells."
"I see, so that must be why I could regulate my blood pressure... Loosing blood also helped..."
" That's right... You get it now!"
<End of flashback>

'If my cells are in control... Then maybe...'
"Cinnabar! Please, let me help you!" I insisted. She looked at me with anger, anger that came from concern. "And how do you plan to do that!?" She cried. "Please Cinnabar... I can! All you need to do is drink some of my blood-" she looked shocked at my reply. "And how will that help." She questioned. "I can manipulate your atoms... So that you can release your poison at will!!" she gave me a look that sank my heart. A look of pure sadness. A look of overwhelming sadness. "Don't... I will only put your cells to waste. My poison... Its a curse... The part touched by it, needs to be chipped out... Precious memories are lost... I am nothing but a useless living burden on Earth... I Don't even have a purpose to live."
"That's not true Cinnabar!"
"It is Tanzenite, I can't even touch them... Wouldn't it have been better if I was on the moon? They would've at least made jewellery out of me."
"No... Its not true! Don't say that!!"
"Every path on which I walk... Lives are lost... My trail is covered with dead plants. I don't want to live anymore. But here I am... Living shamelessly..."
I ran over to her, throwing my walking sticks aside. I jumped and hugged her, holding onto her, tightly. "Please Cinnabar! Don't say that!! Everyone is born with a purpose... And so are you!" She flinched. She raised her hands in a gesture to hug me back but she halted. She teared up, "I am the exception..." she said. I could feel my eyes water up, "Who said that!?" I shouted, holding her tighter. I held onto her shoulders and looked in her eye. Eyes that were shadowed with loneliness, eyes that felt helpless, eyes that craved company. "Do you actually think that?" I asked. I made sure my gaze was firm. Her eyes widened, then she looked aside. "Look me in the eye!" I spoke as she flinched on listening to my words but she still looked aside. "LOOK ME IN THE EYE AND TELL ME, DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT YOU ARE A BURDEN!!?" I shouted. She flinched again, but this time with a determination to change things. She gulped and turned to me. With a sad expression, an explosion of emotions raged out of her. Her face was a crying mess. "No!! No, I don't! No I don't!! I know I can live on! But... But I have hurt so many of them! Not even plants or insects are safe from me! I AM A DEMON!! " she shouted on and on. "NO!! YOU ARE NOT A DEMON! IF YOU WERE, THEN PHOS WOULDN'T BE IN LOVE WITH YOU!" I shouted out. She halted and looked me in the eye, as if to ask 'really?'
"They all love you dearly... Not a day passes when Phos does not acknowledge your hard work. When sensei does not pray for your safety!" I tried to make her understand. She sobbed, "What was wrong if I wished to be with everyone, If I wished to be with Phos!?" she said. I hugged her. "No, you did nothing wrong." I said. This time she hugged me back. "All because of my poison! All the days that could've been! All lost!" she sniffed and sobbed. The floating poison started to shake violently. "I could've played with Phos, ran around the fields with him. I could've written countless reports and researches with Alexanderite and Rutile, I could've made flower crowns with Diamond..." She sobbed, "....I-I could've shared hugs with sensei... Could've danced with the Amethyst twins... Could've played with Bort... I - I could've loved Phos with all my heart... But then, why was I the only one born this way!?" she cried as she gripped onto me even tighter. I let her cry it all out. I started to tear up as I heard her cries, I constantly kept on rubbing her back. "Its time you change things..." I said. Cinnabar gulped, "Please... Please, Tanzenite... Help me..." she said with a shrill voice. "I will... That's why I came here. I promise you I will connect your poison to your will, so that you do not have any trouble with it. Then promise me you will give Phos a heartfelt hug tomorrow." She nodded on my words with a smile.
I made her sit. "Now then, if you have decided, I must ask you to drink some of my blood." She nodded. I took out a knife from my pocket and slowly made a cut on my arm. Blood oozed out of the cut. I let her drink up some of it before I sealed off the flow. I closed my eyes to concentrate and find her insides. After sometime, the silver floating liquid dropped to the ground. 'I did it!' i said to myself. The joy Cinnabar felt was on its peak. She hugged me and refused to let go. I laughed and giggled with her. Until a strong wave of pain hit my head. I could not think straight anymore, I blacked out I used up a lot of energy in connecting her every atom to her free will.

A/n
Sorry if it was crappy...
Tanzenite blacks out a lot.... (LMAO)
Anyways, Chao! Until next time!!
Uff... Its 1711 words!!