Family

Sloan dreams of a little girl, turning her head towards Sloan over and over again like a gif. The room they stand in is full of men, wealthy, pompous looking men, a woman walks into the room, she looks beautiful.

"Mika! Get out of here this instant!"

The woman is shunted out of the way and the door is closed, the men walk toward the little girl in the centre, a great white light shines, blinding Sloan, a high pitched squeal echoes over and over, getting quieter yet faster with each repeat.

"Sloan, Sloan, Sloan, Sloan."

"Huh? Harvey?"

"Yeah, I ate like 3 slices, you must've been tired."

"How'd you go today anyway? Go back in to see Mr. Garrison?"

"Yeah, I was only there for a little bit though, I got a headache, it got really loud."

The two sit in silence, the TV acting as the sole source of noise for a moment as raindrops fall into the roof and against the windows.

"Sloan?" Harvey's eyes well up with tears,

"Mm?" Sloan replies with a mouthful of pizza.

"I'm scared. This, all of this, it scares me."

"Don't be, I'm here for you bud, don't worry about it for a second, okay?"

Sloan motions her hands towards herself, telling Harvey to sit next to her, he does, planting his head against her shoulder, his muffled weeps cancelled out by the rain.

Dampened bass thumps through the exterior walls of an inner city nightclub. A door opens, letting loose a second of clear sound as well as a tall, beautiful woman, her short dress hugs her chest tightly as she carries a package down the adjacent alleyway. The sound of her heels attract an unwanted prospector, who promptly stares her down.

"What's the big rush babe? Going somewhere?"

The woman stays silent.

"Hey. Bitch. I was talking to you."

She turns to face the man.

"Yeah that's right, be a good little lady and get that fine ass over here."

The woman raises her hand to the man's face, gently scraping her long blue fingernail down his cheek before pointing at his mouth, open agape in awe.

"What say we-"

The man grasps his throat, gasping for air, coughing while dropping to his knees, blood drips out of his nostrils as he fails to intake any form of air. The woman looks around the street, spotting a police officer dining in the window of a café on the other side of the road. The officer looks out the window, squinting his eyes before slowly reaching for his radio. The woman walks, now at a much faster pace, looking down the side of each building in an attempt to find some kind of refuge. The officer starts chasing her down the street,

"Hey, you! Stop! Stop right there!"

The woman walks behind an empty newspaper stand, pointing her finger at herself, a bubble grows around her. The bubble is seemingly camouflaged, making her seem like a completely different person, she sits behind the newspaper stand, closing her eyes as the officer runs past.

"Stop! Oh sorry, did you see where that lady went? Long straight black hair? Japanese maybe? Tight black dress?"

The lady turns to the officer,

"Sounds to me like you were chasing a dream."

"Yeah, right."

The officer puts his radio to his mouth,