CHAPTER 1

STATUSChapter One

STATUS
Chapter One

RAFAEL

I opened my eyes as I hear my alarm clock ticking. It was already five in the morning. "Right on time," I said to myself before I entered the bathroom. I took a bath for 10 minutes just like what Edidiong Kaminska, MD, said. 5-10 minutes of showering is enough to hydrate your skin without overdoing it.

I walked out of the shower room and picked my clean and tidy uniform. I checked if there's a wrinkled part and thankfully there isn't 'cause if there is, I would have to call the maids at this hour to iron my clothes. I guess the maid is aware about what I like and what I dont like. Everything has to be perfect, besides this handsome dude right here is about to be featured at the annual STATUS article.

"Oh, Mr. Perfect is up." I saw Claire, my younger sister walking down the stairs with her messy hair and wrinkled clothes. "Fuck off." I ate my sunny side up egg facing the right upper corner of the plate with one cup of rice. Walang labis walang kulang. Perfection.

"Yuck! Your hair is too perfect, mess this up right here— " I grabbed her arm to stop her. "As a student council president, I need to maintain perfection at all cost. I am a role model—"

"Oh shut up," unlike me, Claire is the opposite. In fact we are nothing alike. She likes rock music while I like jazz. Like seriously? Who likes music when you can only hear is screams. I have good grades while she's on the bottom of the hierarchy.

She's the complete opposite of me.

"I need to go, don't be late on your first day," she just came from US. She's being punished by Papa and Dad because of her behavior "Who says I'm going to school?" Sinamaan ko sya ng tingin, "What? Papa and Dad are not here," I let out a sigh and grabbed my bag.

"Do what ever you want, but never and I mean never ever get me involve of what ever that is you were doing. You'll be here for a few months Claire, so please don't be a nuisance." Mapang-asar na ngiti lang ang sinagot nya kaya iniwan ko nalang sya na masayang kumakain.

When I arrived at school everyone greeted me. I am a role model here in this school, not only because we own this, it is also because I'm the number one when it comes to academics. From extra curricular activities to academic contest, I am number one— but that didn't get me to a place I deserved to be.

I was walking until a girl approached me "M-Mr. President, " Napakunot ang noo ko. Why is she stuttering? Do I have something on my face? She does look familiar. Is she a freshman? Or a transfer?

"Mr. President, p-please don't stare. Im shy," I don't want to be rude so I gave her my famous smile. A smile that can melt anyone's heart. Napawi rin kaagad iyon ng may tumulong dugo sa ilong nya. Am I that handsome? "Here," I handed her a tissue. "It's pretty sunny outside, you should get back to class and also take care of yourself," I saw her blush and smiled at me. She waved bago umalis. "Ano nga ulit yung kailangan nya sakin?" Mahinang tanong ko sa sarili. I just shrugged 'cause to be honest, I don't really care.