Who is she?

The sun shone on the beautiful village of Konoha. It was a beautiful morning, full of life and full of people celebrating the fourth anniversary of the day, Minato risked his life to save the village.

The day everyone standing on the land of Konoha celebrated the fact that they were very much alive and standing. The day they dedicated to their God in flesh, Minato.

It was also the day where the people of Konoha let their misplaced wrath take complete control over them and made them worse than the monster they hated so much.

'There she goes! Catch her! She has a bread!'

A young girl, with a mop of short pink hair and shabby red clothes ran out of the bakery at full speed and held on to loaf of bread as if her life depended on it.

'Catch her! Come on! She's a monster but she has the body of a child!'

Quick, uncalculated steps fell on the dry, dusty street as the poor helpless kid ran through them, gritting her teeth, using all her strength.

Finally she looked back and saw that she had finally lost the adults chasing her.

A smile bloomed on her face, celebrating her short lived victory. And that, turned out to be a vital mistake.

'Ah!' She cried out as she tripped. Cradling the piece of bread close to her, she looked down to look at her wounded feet.

'Ouch' She grimaced, watching as blood dripped down her bare feet.

She looked up to see the adults who were chasing her, looking like a beast, all signs of humanity gone from their face, which was scrunched up in anger.

And then...

Sakura felt like her entire body was burning. She felt her eyes feel heavy as she fell back on the ground.

And then, when her eyes opened again.

They were fierce, fiery and dark. Her innocent, emerald eyes were now a royal gold with narrow black pupils.

She let out a inhumane growl, startling the adults chasing her.

They retreated, muttering curses at the poor innocent girl.

Finally, the gold morphed into emerald as Sakura came back. Another smile of victory, extremely real this time bloomed on her face.

'Thank you Kurama!'

'Don't thank me, child. You gave me home.'

Sakura's attention now went to the loaf of bread in her hands, her smile grew wider as she wolfed down the bread.

"You must have been really hungry, huh child?"

'Yes! I couldn't find any fruits in the forest today. They took it all for the grand celebration tonight."

Kurama smiled sadly as he healed her wounds.

'Oh, by the way... Happy Birthday, Sakura!"

Sakura giggled happily, as she ate more of the bread.

Somehow, the bond of an inhuman creature and its jailor was much more humane than humans.

-×-