Family?

Wow he remembered my name. Most of the time, people just call me "Kyuubi" or "Monster". They do not bother to even remember my name. It's a breath of fresh air.

But why? Why was he behaving so nicely? What did I ever do to deserve his niceness, I wonder. He was probably going to throw me out of his house and scream at me for playing with his son, so...

'I am so sorry!'

Wait what?

I could see tears forming in his eyes.

Tears?

What did he do to me, that was this terrible. I admit all my life, I had run away from the Hokage. If the villagers were this ruthless, God forbid I have to see how terrible the hokage can be.

But huh?

He was not shooing me away, hitting me, screaming at me either. He was.... Crying?

'I am so sorry.' He wept. 'Your terrible fate, it's all because of me.'

He must have noticed my confused expression, because he started to explain.

'Years back, when the kyuubi first attacked. You had just turned one. Initially, I thought of sealing the kyuubi inside my own son,' Naruto flinched and hugged his mom '...but he was of poor health and if I did it, he might have died. You were the healthy child I could find in the village orphanage and so...'

He started to weep again. 'I thought the villagers would see you as their hero, their saviour, but who knew... Who knew things would turn out like that?'

I stared at him. Not understanding a word.

'Sakura, you might think of me as an awful person. Who can blame you? I tried to catch a hold of you, but you always run away from me. Please give me a chance. I will ensure you safe living conditions.'

The red haired lady butt in. 'That can wait. Just look at the poor little girl. She is so dirty. Little lady, come with me and take a bath, dattebane?'

I reluctantly followed the lady as she led me to a room filled with water and buckets.

'This is the bathroom. Don't worry, just douse yourself in the water and wait for the mud and grime to wash off. Then dry yourself with the towel and come out. I'll dry your hair, dattebane?'

I nodded. She smiled and left the room.

Wow. An actual bath. I have heard of them. Never been to one. This is actually so cool. It sounds so comfortable.

As Kushina said, I let the mud and sweat wash off me. I felt so clean and fresh. I wiped the water off my body. And wore the dress Kushina gave me. It was a little big for me, but otherwise it was comfortable. I came out.

'Goodness, you're so cute Sakura chan!' Kushina squealed. She dried my hair, and I was good to go.

'You know Sakura chan, that dress used to belong to me as a child. I was very thin. But still, it's so big on you. Poor you, so malnourished. Come on, I'll feed you.'

My eyes lit up at the mention of food. Kushina giggled at that.

Food. There was so much food. I never thought I'll be able to eat actual food.

Bread, fruits, soup and so much more. All this, I'd have to steal all this time. To actually eat without fear of getting caught.

I started tearing up.

'Poor sakura chan, are you tired? Just eat a bit. I'll escort you to a bed. You can sleep with me. I always wanted a little girl-'

'No Sakura chan will sleep with me!' Naruto screamed. Again, they started fighting while I was laughing.

It was just like a home.