Celebration?

The air was festive, a jovial feeling blowing through the wind. Every child and every adult was out in the streets, celebrating the day when they almost lost their life.

They were also celebrating the day the learnt to value their lives.

Somehow it was also the day when their wrath towards the little girl, the young jinchuuriki amplified.

At first glance, one could not help but coo at the young, adorable pinkette with beautiful emerald eyes and hair resembling cherry blossoms in full bloom.

But the knowledge that her young body jailed the vicious Kyuubi was what made the villagers hate her so much.

The day Minato saved the village, he had no other option but to seal the nine tailed beast in then one year old Sakura, who was lying in the cradle of an orphanage. Minato did not think his action would have such devastating consequences.

-×-

"Damn, Murasaki, we got all wasted!" A drunkard giggled, patting his friend's back.

'It's one of the only times Sake sells so cheap! Man, I wait for this day all year every year!" His friend replied.

They sighed, face flushed, before Murasaki spotted something in the distance.

"Huh..." He narrowed his eyes.

"Hey... Sato...Isn't that the demon child?"

"Huh? Where?" Sato too, narrowed his eyes and tried to look where his friend was pointing was pointing with his alcohol impaired vision.

"I see it too!"

-×-

Sakura jolted awake from her sleep as she felt two men approaching her. Hiding from the villagers for so long has blessed her with extremely heightened senses, even during sleep.

On waking up, the first thing she saw were two men. Leering at her, like she was a stain on a pristine white cloth.

She gulped.

'You demon!' One of them shouted, their voice was slurred and heavy with alcohol.

'Y-You killed my father, you bastard!" The other one cried out.

Sakura's eyes, at this point was overflowing with tears. She was weeping uncontrollably.

'h-help... Kurama...'

The name of the beast on the jailor's mouth enraged the two drunken men even further as Sato lifted his empty bottle up, aiming a hit at the toddler.

And then...

'HEY!!!'

Sato and Murasaki flinched at the sound, as they turned back to look at a little kid, almost the same age as the jinchuuriki staring at them intently.

'Why are you hitting the poor young lady, huh?'

'Who the hell are you, kiddo? You have no idea what you're saying. Get out of my sight before I-'

'H-Hey... We are sorry. We will go.'

Sato looked at his friend like he had gone mad.

'Why are you apologis-'

'If you don't get away I'll tell my father ttebayo!

'He's the H-Hokage's s-son..'

Sato's eyes widened as he prostrated in front of the young kid before getting up and running away.

Sakura looked at her saviour with wide eyes and agape mouth. The young boy smiled at her and walked towards her, extending his hand as a greeting.

'Hi! I am Naruto Uzumaki! Who are you?'