Chapter 3

Abby ran slowly through the woods, taking in as much joy as she could in her wolf form. It took Abby a few days of wandering before she came to a cliff side clearing that was near a castle that looked like a school, this reminded her a bit of Hogwarts. Yet the clearing was not empty, there she saw a group of monsters and mortals a like.

This miss matched group consisted of a satyr and a group of three teenagers with archaic weapons fighting a small army of monsters which had a manticore of all things within. Of course, there were two other teenagers huddled together looking on in fright yet awed at the sight in front of them.

The small army of monsters was slowly closing in on the group and it seemed that their survival rate was dwindling down to zero, yet just as it came to the point of no return for the three teenagers and one satyr, they were interrupted by a loud call of a hunting horn.

The Hunters of Artemis has arrived on the scene. This of course meant nothing good for monsters and males alike, she just hoped that creatures like herself were not included in this list.

~~~~~~~~

The hunt was truly an awe-inspiring sight to witness. The way they fight, in such harmony that you could not see where one stopped and the other one began. The girls fought with such discipline and teamwork, but still swift as dancers as they dodged and floated through the mob of monsters, spotting the weaknesses, and swiftly and ruthlessly took advantage of it.

In this moment Abby could obviously see that the hunt had centuries worth of experiences and teamwork to fall back on. The battle was rather short live after the hunt arrived, yet the battle still ended with the loss of the young blond girl even with the hunt's intervention.

Sirius warned Abby to be careful in her hybrid or her wolf form if she ran into a group of demi-gods or hunters be it the Greeks, Romans, Norse, or the Egyptians. It was just her Potter luck that caused her to find a group of Greek demi-gods first.

Sirius informed her about the hunters and their goddess Lady Artemis. The Hunters are an elite group of demi-gods and clear-sighted mortals blessed by Lady Artemis. This blessing involved unnatural grace and speed as well as a form of immortality. The hunters are all girls that train and live close knitted united, they all had to swear off the company of men, they all spend their time hunting monsters and threats to Olympus under Lady Artemis's guidance.

She truly enjoyed the battle despite the ending, yet Abby was still worried as she preferred to stay in her hybrid form and death by arrow was not on her to-do list today.

The best option for her right now was to stay put and observe, hopefully her Potter Luck will hold.

~~~~~~~~

Artemis gave a sigh - wishing that things had gone better the first time they met up with her half-sister, she truly wished that her sister joined the hunt, she would not have ended up as a tree if she did, but this was not meant to be. She does of course admire her sister with her loyalty she has to her friends.

The second thing she wished was that her lieutenant would show a little bit of restraint, even now with all these males around. Artemis could not sense any disrespect, only confusion and distraught on their part.

Artemis was aware that they all do not trust or even like boys in general, that does not mean her girls need to show it. She would need to teach them to be indifferent towards males.

Shaking her head, Artemis turned towards her girls before announcing "We have burdened these children enough, Zoe, we will be resting here for now. Please setup camp, treat the wounded and retrieve our guests' belongings from the school."