Chapter 8

AN: Hey guys, here is the next chapter for you all to enjoy. I am sorry that the updates took as long as they did, writers' block is a huge pain, and working full time also puts a huge damper on time for writing. I also had to scrap the first draft for Chapter 8 but I finally have this ready for you guys, so enjoy.

Twenty minutes later, Artemis stood and placed a hand upon her young huntress's shoulder. "Come, my dear, it's time to return to my tent."

Nervously, Abby stood before hesitantly making her way back towards her Lady's tent with Artemis following right behind. Looking around, Abby noticed how Percy was quietly leaning against Lady Artemis's tent, while both Bianca and Zoe made their way towards them.

The group of five soon found themselves back inside the tent, waiting patiently for Abby to start with her story after she gathered her thoughts.

"Abby my dear, do you want me to give the others a quick overview of what we discussed before we entered the camp?" Artemis asked the young hybrid.

"No milady, as much as I would like you to, I don't think we will have enough time for that," Abby said apologetically.

"But Abby, we still have 7 hours to go before Lord Apollo arrives," Percy explained softly.

"Yes, I know Percy, but I would like to go over my second year and possibly my third year at Hogwarts before Lord Apollo arrives," Abby said regretfully. "Also, I want you guys to get some sleep, I don't want your health to suffer because of me."

"I think that is a wise choice Abby, I for one would like to get Bianca and Abby settled before we are forced to go to Camp Half-Blood. Abby can tell us about her first year when we have more time." Zoe stated sternly.

Percy pouted ever so slightly. "Okay, fine I will accept that, I am just curious about Abby and all the adventures she endured in her first year at school. Also, finding out that there is another hidden world out there that isn't connected to the godly world is kinda fascinating."

Smiling slightly at Percy, Abby softly stated. "I would agree to an extent that the magical world can be fascinating, but the world itself is so backwards in time that it isn't funny."

"What do you mean?" Bianca asked, confused.

"The Wizarding World is still stuck in the Victorian Area, where marriage and slave contracts still exist. They also believe that us mortals aren't capable of advancing in any way. To them, we are just savages, incapable of harming them at all." Abby explained with disgust.

"Oh wow, really?" Bianca said in shock.

"Yes, and things aren't getting any better there, only worse," Abby said sadly. "But I will get back to that later."

"Well anyway," Abby said as she finally took one deep breath. "It was at the end of my first year that Dumbledore informed me that I would be going back to Privet Drive even after I begged him to let me stay. He truly believed that Privet Drive was the safest place for me to stay."

"I gathered that it wasn't the safest place for you to be?" Zoe asked in concern, moving closer to Abby.

"You gathered that correctly, but Dumbledore didn't heed my concerns as such I was forced to return to the place that is in essence hell on earth," Abby explained bitterly. "To my relatives, I am nothing but a slave, a freak to do whatever they want with. This was conditioned into me from a very young age, as such, I still believe myself as a freak and that I deserved everything they did to me."

"What, no!" The group exclaimed in disbelieving shock.

Standing up, Artemis quickly moved in front of Abby before crouching down.