Chapter 7

The group split the moment they exited from Lady Artemis's tent, Zoe made her way to some of the other huntresses wanting to explain a few things and give out some instructions, while Bianca went to talk to her brother, wanting Nico to hear from her about joining the hunt. Percy walked off towards the campers, and Artemis moved off with Abby towards the cliffside looking over at the horizon.

"So, how are you holding up?" Artemis asked softly once the two girls were seated safely at the cliff's edge.

"Ah well, physically I feel great, stronger even," Abby said before continuing with a weary sigh "But, mentally I am exhausted, Milady, but I am dealing."

Looking up sharply, Artemis quickly turned towards her new huntress, gazing into Abby's eyes assessing just how bad the young hybrid's mental state actually was.

"Did you ever talk to someone about everything you went through, everything you saw?" Artemis asked worriedly.

"No," Abby said softly, looking away as she continued bitterly. "No-one ever wanted to hear what I was dealing with; they just wanted their perfect saviour, I hardly sleep these days, with how bad and real my nightmares are, no one cared to even see how I was coping with the death of one young man I once saw as a big brother, I witnessed his death which happened less than 4 months ago."

"That changes now," Artemis said sternly before continuing more gently. "You are now part of a family that will always help you or listen to your worries, so please Abby do not bottle your emotions and feelings up like this, we are here to help."

Hooting softly, Hedwig nuzzled her hatchlings' cheek hoping that Abby would listen to her new Lady.

"I will try, Milady," Abby said, looking up shyly. "This is also why I started opening up about my first year at Hogwarts."

"I am not ready to open up regarding my life at the Dursleys, but I will inform you about some of the abuse I lived with within that household," Abby said with sadness seeping through her. "But I want to tell you about my second year tonight before you go on your hunt Milady, even see if it is possible to start with my third year before Lord Apollo arrives if that's okay?"

"Of course, it is okay my dear," Artemis said softly. "Are you still sure that you want to include Bianca and Percy in this? Unfortunately, Zoe will need to be part of this conversation, as she is my lieutenant."

"Yes, I might not be totally comfortable with it, but I think it would be best if more of the family knew what to expect with how I act," Abby whispered, while softly stroking Hedwig's chest in comfort.

~~~~~~~~

"So, what did Lady Artemis want from you? You were with them for a while." Thalia said the moment Percy reached her and Grover.

"Ah well, Lady Artemis wanted to know about what Thorn boasted before he fled, also the huntresses are joining us at camp. Lady Artemis will be going on a solo hunt once Lord Apollo collects us and Abby – that is the hybrid that you smelled as a monster Grover – wanted to know what Camp Half-Blood is, so I took it upon myself to explain." Percy explained to his cousin.

"The huntresses are going to camp?" Grover asked fearfully. "Last time they burned down a cabin."

"Well yes, I heard about that as well, but Artemis said Dionysus had it rebuilt. Hopefully, everything has been blown over by now." Percy responded hopefully.

"Hopefully? And what do you know about this monster freak?" Thalia questioned with narrowed eyes.

"First, I would rather not have anyone hurt for their past mistakes. Second, I don't know much about Abby. Artemis wants Zoe, Bianca, and me back in her tent in the next 20 minutes to learn more about Abby and her life before she joined the hunt. Third and finally, do not call her a monster freak." Percy answered seriously with an edge of protectiveness seeping through.