So lonely

She didn't have the energy to get back up so she just fell down to the floor and let her tears flow, jay looked at hailey in disgust at how someone could rip two kids apart like that. He quickly walked to chloes side and crouched down next to her, "it's okay, you'll get to see him" he said as he held a distraught 13 year old close by him. Chloe looked up at him with glassy eyes and nodded, he helped her back up on her bed so she could lay back down. She silent cried as the tears strolled down her face. Jay and hailey stayed by her side until they had to go, she felt so lonely now.

Jay went home and he slept off his anger and frustration, there was now a lonely 13 year old about to learn how cruel the world was by herself while living in a group home. Hailey felt just as angry but she could control her feelings better than jay.

The next morning jay and hailey stopped by med to see Chloe, they stood outside her room and they watched her as she sat on the window sill looking down at the city. Jay knocked them opened the door, "hey chlo, how you feeling?" He said as he walked over to sit on the window sill too. Chloe looked at him and smiled, "I'm fine" she lied. She turned to look out of the window again and jay shot hailey a frown, he went to speak again but someone entered. It was Sharon woodwind with a mean looking lady, Chloe turned her head to the door to see who it was. "Chloe, I want you to meet miss sanders, she'll be the owner of your new home" Sharon said with a wide smile. Chloe attempted to smile back but it was more of a frown, she nodded and got her crutches then made her way over to the hospital bed slowly. Jay and hailey watched the moment go down in slow motion as they couldn't help her.

Chloe had been discharged so she got her shoes on then put her jacket on before she turned around to jay and hailey, "thank you, for everything" she smiled sadly at them. Jay and hailey smiled back at her but remained silent since they were speechless at how calmly she was handling it all. Miss sanders lead a wobbling Chloe out the room and Sharon smiled at the two detectives, "she'll be in good care" she sighed even though jay and hailey didn't believe her.

The partners sighed and left the hospital in a sad mood, they arrived at the district and walked up to the bullpen to deliver the unfortunate update. "Bens been adopted and chloes in a group home" jay sighed as he walked over to his desk and put his jacket down. The team all looked sad but there was nothing they could do other than saving the city like every other day.

"Alright Chloe, this is your room. You'll be sharing it with Amy" miss sanders said while opening a bedroom door for her. Chloe walked into the bedroom and saw two beds, one side of the room was decorated but chloes side was plain. The home was empty since the other children were at school, miss sanders gave her a full tour and introduced her to the adults. After an afternoon of social interaction Chloe made her way back up to her room and attempted to settle in but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't, she wanted bens little hands in hers.

At 6pm all of the children, big and little were all home and Chloe was welcomed with open arms since they were all in the same position, she had made friends with the girls her age. Especially Amy since they were roommates.