Say no more

Luke knocked on miss sanders door and the trio waited for a moment until she answered the door, "hello miss sanders, we're here to discuss legal guardianship with you about Chloe Jackson" he said sweetly.  She looked over to jay and scoffed, she let them in while holding a grudge but made them follow her anyways.  "So what now?" Miss sanders sighed which made luke look a little taken aback by here rudeness.  "Mr halstead is here to collect Chloe, as of now he is her legal guardian" Luke said while handing her the forms.  Miss sanders skimmed through them then left to go get Chloe.

                "You've got guests" miss sanders voice came from the hallway as she re-entered the office with Chloe.  Chloes face lit up at the sight of the partners, she sat down and smiled at them.  Jay smiled back and began talking, "how would you feel about coming to live with me..." he started but Chloe cut him off.  She stood up, "say no more" she squealed before running off to her room to pack up.  Hailey laughed and jay smiled at her, "yeah she doesn't like it here, as you can tell" miss sanders rolled her eyes.  Jay ignored her and made his way out of her office with Luke and hailey, they waited in the lobby for Chloe.  A few minutes later and Chloe reappeared with her bags, she smiled at jay and hailey, "alright then let's get you home" jay said while placing a hand on her shoulder.  Chloe nodded, she turned and waved to miss sanders with a half smile then hopped in jays car. 

                 "Pizza?" Jay offered.  Chloes eyes lit up again then she nodded, hailey smiled at the excitement in chloes eyes.  Jay drove back to his apartment and the trio made their way inside, "welcome home chlo" jay said as he took her bags from her.  Her eyes sparkled with thankfulness as she scanned the living room, "woah" she giggled which made the adults laugh.  Jay showed her around and she seemed so grateful, they were going to get along just fine. "Pizzas here" jay said as there was a knock at the door, he got up and answered it, took the pizza then paid. He put the pizza down on the coffee table and chloes eyes lit up, she hadn't had pizza in two years, she'd hardly had anything.

Hailey and jay took a slice and then Chloe did, she ate the first slice no problem so she got another and ate that one. She felt so happy that she could finally eat and feel welcomed rather than eating in a moody foster home, "thank you, both of you..." she smiled at the floor. Hailey smiled at jay, "you're worth it all and more kiddo" he said while pulling his new daughter into a hug. Chloe accepted the hug and held her dad for the first time, they pulled away and shared a loving smile.

It was now 12:00am and Chloe had let out a few yawns, "I'm gonna get going, it's pretty late" hailey said while standing up and smiling at the new family. Jay nodded and Chloe smiled, "see you two later" she said while opening the door, Chloe jumped up and ran over to her for a hug. Hailey smiled at jay warmly and Pulled her into a hug, she was small for her age but she looked 13 still. "Bye hailey" Chloe said as she closed the door, she turned back to her dad and yawned again. "Let's get you to bed" he said while groaning as he stood up, she nodded and followed jay to her room, she got her PJ's on and then jay walked back in to say his goodnights. He pulled the covers over her and smiled, "night chlo" he smiled again. Chloe looked up at him, "night jay" she smiled at him. She didn't feel comfortable calling him dad yet and jay was fine with that. He smiled and left her alone while leaving the door slightly ajar.

He walked into his own room after switching everything off in the main area. He decided that he should really take the day off tomorrow since he just brought Chloe home, he grabbed his phone and text his boss.
Jay: "hey sarge, you awake?"
Hank: "yeah what's up?"
Jay: "right, don't freak out but I adopted Chloe"
Hank: "really? Congrats jay, kids are a blessing"
Jay: "yeah she's special, I can tell. I was just wondering if I'd be able to take the day off tomorrow, you know to bond with her"
Hank: "totally, take all the time you need. Your family's mine remember"
Jay: "thanks sarge, really means a lot"
Hank: "no problem, you'll have to fetch her to work with you some time, I wanna meet her formally"
Jay: "I will do"

He smiled and thought about the future he was going to have with his daughter, he could offer her so much and help her thrive just how he had always planned out. Even if it didn't happen how he expected it to, she was still his and no one could take her away from him, ever.