The fifth letter

The fifth letter

"You and Seamus KISSED?!" Hermione looked at me surprised with her mouth wide opened.

"SHH!" I put my finger in front of my lips as we were sitting in the library and she wasn't exactly whispering. "You said you wouldn't freak out about it!"

"Yeah. That was before I knew what you would tell me..." she murmured with her mouth still opened in shock.

"Ok, what do I do now??? I need your help, Hermione."

She exhaled sharply. "Well I don't know, do you like him?"

My thoughts were spinning. "I guess." I shrugged my shoulders and thought about the kiss. "But I don't know if I like him like that... I mean we were always just friends. And to be honest I'm not really over Oliver yet."

"Mhh... Sometimes the best way to get over someone is to move on." The image of Oliver kissing that girl replayed in my head again and I was wondering if she was right. Seamus had been there for me and the kiss felt right in that moment.

"Maybe you're right." I kept my gaze back on my book and refocused on our homework.

"I need details! How was it?!" Hermione still had her eyes on mine, and I didn't really know what to tell her.

"I don't know. It was nice-"

"Nice?! You've got to be kidding me."

I scoffed and shook my head. "Get on with your essay, we need to finish this in an hour." Hermione looked at me with a smirk and turned her attention back to her homework.

We both wrote about five pages until we were finally done. I noticed how the library was unusually crowded and Ron stepped in.

"Hey, have you guys already finished your essay?"

"Yes, Ronald we have. Let me guess, yours isn't?" she looked at him with an instructive look.

"Yeah, about that... I was wondering if maybe- you could help me with it?" he looked more than desperate and was basically bagging for her help. It made Hermione blush and roll her eyes.

"Fine. But just this one time."

Ron looked at me expectantly and I moved aside and gathered my things so he could sit down.

"I'll see you guys later than." I left them with a smile on my lips as I shipped the both of them so much.

I made my way back to the Gryffindor common room and hoped to run into Seamus, but there was no sign of him. I got up the stairs and opened the doors to our dorm room, which I expected to be empty.

But it wasn't. Ginny was sitting on her bed with Harry next to her, surrounded by Seamus and Dean. They all had their attention on the letter in Ginny's hands. I froze as I entered the room and they immediately raised their heads, looking into my direction.

I directly noticed the tears that were running down here cheeks.

"Is this true?" her voice was shaky and her cheerless eyes met mine.

"Ginny-" I slowly made a step into her direction. "I swear to god, it's not what you think it is."

She scoffed. "Then enlighten me."

"It was before you two started dating, I didn't know you had a crush on him back then. I swear."

She raised her voice. "And when did you plan on telling me that you have a crush on my boyfriend?!"

"Ginny, please. I didn't mean it to happen. It wasn't my choice."

"Are you sure about that?" her voice was cold now and the stare she gave me wasn't any warmer. "Because to me it looks like you chose to fall for him."