Ch. 5

The tavern was slow. One or two wizards drinking or eating. The barkeep was reading the paper. Hermione sipped her pumpkin juice keeping an eye on the door. Thankfully she didn't have to wait long for the two women to walk in. The soft brown curls and kind smile was opposite to the blonde hair emotionless mask of her sister. Andy spotted Hermione first, waving happily and basically dragging her sister to the small table.

"Hermione! Oh, it's so good to see you again. How are you dear?"

"I'm doing well. How are the two of you? I hear Draco is in Paris working on opening his own shop."

Narcissa relaxed slightly. "Draco is working on it. He was just now approved for the property now he just needs to paint and stock up on supplies."

"The ministry?"

"If it wasn't for you or Potter he wouldn't have this."

Hermione clenched her jaw. "Please know that if anyone gives you or your son any trouble I will deal with them. Neither of you deserves it."

The ice walls broke as Narcissa chuckled. "Please Hermione, that silver tongue of yours can't charm me."

Andy giggled. "She's not trying to charm you sister. Hermione is just like that. Helps others if she knows it's right." she grabbed hold of Narcissa's arm. "You and your son didn't have a choice."

Narcissa smiled softly patting her sister's hand, turning back to the lion. "Well, I hope this meeting isn't just to bring up wounds."

Taking a breath Hermione took another drink wishing it was a bit stronger now. "A few months ago something happened. I didn't tell you because I was still getting used to it also." The necklace in her pocket felt hot and heavy. "I should have asked for help from you two but I didn't know what to say or even how to bring it up."

"What is it Hermione?" Andy looked worried. Even Narcissa showed concern.

"Would you two be ok with coming back to Hogwarts with me?" She took the crow necklace out of her pocket placing it in front of the two women. They didn't say anything. The youngest clenched her jaw, the middle sister didn't move. "She doesn't know I'm here with you two. She..um just please it's not my place to say."

Narcissa stood up, necklace clutched in her hand. "Lead the way, Miss. Granger." Those Blue eyes cold as she looked down at her.

🐍🐍

The hyena jumped off the couch. Hermione was back but she brought others with her. Whoever they were gasped.

"Who in merlin's beard let you bring a hyena to the school." She knew that voice, she helped that voice learn how to cast spells before school. The hand on her head stopped her from moving. She froze mind racing on why Hermione would bring her sister here.

"Oh how cute. What's her name?"

Sisters. Her sisters were here. She growled, throwing her head out from Hermione's hand.

"Forget the hyena. Why do you have Bella's necklace?" Again she snarled. The girl stole from her.

"Just for the day." She told the hyena, confusing the other two. "I needed a way to have you two follow me." She looked down at the hyena again. "Hate me later."

The two older witches crossed their arms. This was confusing. The Gryffindor was speaking in riddles it seemed. The young witch sat down on the couch. Arms waving to the hyena. "Please change or they'll think I've gone mental."

Letting out a choked whine the hyena let its features melt. Andy's usual warm brown eyes harden. The black curls sparked a hot rage in her. Fist clenched tightly Andy turned and stormed out. Hermione ran after her leaving the youngest and oldest.

In the other room, you could hear the slap. Pausing both in their pace just for a second.

"How dare you Bellatrix! I saw you die!"

Her face stung, right check was the worst. Lips set, she turned back to her sister waiting for more. "After everything, we've been through you didn't- you picked the muggle-born! I could have helped you! I- Urg!"

The way she was clenching her jaw she was going to break her teeth again. Narcissa pulled her into a hug. An extremely tight hug.

"Cissy, can't breathe."

"Shut up."

🐍🐍

"Andy wait!"

"Wait!" She turned on her heels. "That cow killed my daughter! My grandson won't ever know his parents!"

"Please hear Bella out. She didn't kill-"

"Because she tells you the truth? No, she is a lier and a murder!"

Hermione grabbed her arm keeping her in the classroom. "She has nightmares about it. About you and Narcissa." The arm she held shook as the woman cried. "Please Andy stay and listen to what she has to say."

"Never." Ripping her arm out of Hermione's hold she stormed away pausing before opening the door. "I won't say anything to anyone. I won't harm Cissy." The door shut quietly.

Sighing to herself she walked back to the two. Narcissa had Bellatix's head turned to the left then right, up, down, back, and forward.

"Blind? That woman blinded you instead of killing you? That's very odd."

Bella pulled her head free. "Her youngest said it was a family spell. I was never supposed to be seen again. I think they thought sending people blind and to the muggles was a smart idea."

The last thing Hermione saw was Narcissa slapping the back of Bella's head asking if she wishes she was dead before closing her bedroom door.